Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 732

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Could someone tell me how to find this out? It's a couple of button pushes, I know that, but I haven't been able to find it online yet.
    Canon's high-end old EOS bodies had a feature (tech-accessible only) for reporting exposure/frame or roll count and system errors, using a proprietary computer and hot shoe connection on the service bench.

When I purchased my EOS 1N off eBay some years ago, this test was requested by me (additional to others) after purchase to validate the seller's claim it had "shot less than 50 rolls". The bench test confirmed it was much less: 32 in fact and no unrecoverable errors to speak of.

A cable release is not strictly necessary. Engage the self timer on EOS bodies, or for the EOS 1, 1N, 3, the 2 second self-timer with mirror lock-up in the absence of a release.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 07-22-2009 at 05:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin