Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,749   Online: 879

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Olympus OM series and lenses

What lens types fit these cameras? I have an OM 1 and am wondering if current zuiko lenses will fit this body?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    All manual focus Zuiko lenses will fit your OM camera.

So: the Digital lenses and the auto-focus lenses will not fit.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No current Olympus lenses I believe. Maybe you'll find a Tamron with an OM mount. The used OM mount Olympus lenses are great and pretty inexpensive. Tons of info on this site. Try zuiko.com too.

Shooter
    35mm
    You need OM-type zuiko lenses for any of the OM cameras.
    The lenses made these days for the 4/3 cameras won't work.
    The OM zuiko's are very good and readily available on auction sites or secondhand dealers like KEH. Some third party glass is also available for the OM-mount and I think that some of these lenses are also quite good.
    Paul
    P. Thornton
    Dalchemist
    Halifax NS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pthornto View Post
    ... Some third party glass is also available for the OM-mount and I think that some of these lenses are also quite good...
    Paul
    Among these would be anything by Carl Zeiss Jenna.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In point of fact, and for the sake of accuracy, probably well over 99% of all lenses labeled Carl Zeiss Jena are NOT compatible with Olympus OM mount.

Only the OM-specific versions of a few of their later lenses actually fit Olympus cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Were these German or Japanese Jenas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus OM Zuiko and any number of third party lenses. To save yourself, time, money and aggravation, if you are looking for third party lens, stick with Tamron SP adaptall lenses and Tokina AT-X series lenses. Prime OM Zuiko glass that won't break the bank are 24mm f2.8, 28mm f3.5 or 2.8, 35mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 (made in Japan version), 50mm f3.5 macro, 105mm f2.8, 135mm 3.5 or 2.8, 200mm f4 or f5. Vivitar macro focusing 2X teleconverter is nice. I've left one of my favorites the 85mm f2 off as it can be a little pricey. The Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 is nice as is the somewhat pricey 180mm f2.5. This should get you started. Want info on OM gear, you might check with the OM mailing list. http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/listinfo/olympus. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Olympus OM Zuiko and any number of third party lenses. To save yourself, time, money and aggravation, if you are looking for third party lens, [...]
    Better don't.

Olympus/Zuiko lenses are great. And the range of what is available is enormous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want a deal on Oly gear PM me, I'm selling ALL my OM manual focus lenses and accessories
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin