Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,695   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mack View Post
    I've thought (often) about getting a Nikon F3HP. I am ready to make the plunge; the only thing holding me back is money, right now.
    Well someone, besides me, needs to stimulate the economy!

Siriusly, I think that you will really enjoy the camera. As far as CLA, just ask them to fire the camera at each speed to see if it sounds ok. If so, it probably is. Otherwise ask for a CLA. I have brought cameras, lenses and other optical equipment from KEH without problems. Yes, there was one filter they sent me that was scratched, but the sent me the exchange before I mailed the scratched one back to them. They paid for all the shipping.

As far as the cost of the camera, you will have it for years and the cost of the camera will be insignificant compaired to the film and processing over the lifetime of the camera.

Treat youself, you probably deserve a reward in life now.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nicefor88 View Post
    The F4 is too heavy...

I keep using MF lenses, my subjects do not require AF.

Buying and using a F3 seems an excellent idea to me. So, forget about the price, it's worth it anyway.

I have a F4s, and even with the larger grip/battery pack that it has (compared to the standard F4), I don't really find it to be all THAT heavy. One very nice thing with the F4/F4s is when using MF lenses, the camera provides a very usefull "rangefinder" focusing with a "green dot" and lit-up arrows to tell you which way to turn the lens for perfect focusing.

I also have a (pair) of F3HP's and eventho they are EXCELLENT cameras, I have found that I like the F4s better.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    F3's are decent cameras, but I found that the viewfinder information isn't very informative, so I sold mine off. F4's better in my opinion. But, my favorite has become my F. With all its quirks, it just feels right to me. The F2 is nice, as well, but I prefer the original.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My advice is get the F3hp, you won't regret it. I have tried my brother's F4, I find it weighs too much and their is almost too much information in the finder.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    F3 can take some beating, and so can some Nikkor AI-s lenses. After you dropped it on a rock, just change the filter and you are good to go.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    F3's are decent cameras, but I found that the viewfinder information isn't very informative, so I sold mine off. F4's better in my opinion. But, my favorite has become my F. With all its quirks, it just feels right to me. The F2 is nice, as well, but I prefer the original.

-J
    The only problem with the original Nikon F is when it comes to loading or removing film from it, as that takes three hands to do it...
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dann, I haven't had that problem, luckily. Even though my F has the F36 motor drive on it. I think part of the reason why is that I usually load it where I have a table, or I'll sit down and place the motor drive part on the front apron of my kilt, then change film.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin