Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,487   Online: 898

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The new Nikon 60mm f/2,8 Micro

I just finished shooting a bunch of small table top items for a catalogue. I used the newish Nikkor AF 60mm f/2,8 micro. The lens is an absolute gem. It is nearly silent, very fast, has great out of focus area's, the front element does not move in and out and it is of course sharp as a tack.

I just thought I'd share. I hear the new 105 is as good, alas I have the old one and it is only great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I just finished shooting a bunch of small table top items for a catalogue. I used the newish Nikkor AF 60mm f/2,8 micro. The lens is an absolute gem. It is nearly silent, very fast, has great out of focus area's, the front element does not move in and out and it is of course sharp as a tack.

I just thought I'd share. I hear the new 105 is as good, alas I have the old one and it is only great.
    Was this shoot on film?

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've shot it both on film and digi and it's an outstanding lens (60mm).
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I just finished shooting a bunch of small table top items for a catalogue. I used the newish Nikkor AF 60mm f/2,8 micro. The lens is an absolute gem. It is nearly silent, very fast, has great out of focus area's, the front element does not move in and out and it is of course sharp as a tack. I just thought I'd share...
    I wonder how it compares to the Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x?
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rternbach View Post
    I wonder how it compares to the Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x?
    Not well if you only have Nikon bodies, but it kicks the Nikkor's butt if you only own Canon

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Not well if you only have Nikon bodies, but it kicks the Nikkor's butt if you only own Canon
    Thanks for the reply. A few years back I decided to hedge my bet and get some Canon gear after having been a Nikon fan for decades. Call me dis-loyal but I definitely have more choices now.

RT
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RT,
    I've never used the Canon. I was informed by someone that has used the lens that the 65 was great and better than the older Nikkor 60 for OOF areas. I've found that the ability of a macro lens to go out of focus gracefully and with pleasing effect is very important when shooting table top stuff. I almost switched to Canon for that reason, but I just don't like the controls of the Canon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin