Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 767

Shooter
    35mm

need help identifying lens

Hi,

I'm fairly new to photography and need help identifying and possibly valuing a lens. This lens was given to me by its original owner. It fits a Nikon F2A. If anyone can tell me anything about this lens and its value it would be greatly appreciated.

pics are at the link below

http://tinypic.com/a/ycgp/4

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Most data can be read on the lens: it is a third party 3.5-4.5 28-85mm zoom with a Nikon mount.
    You will have to make some pic's with it at diferent settings to see how good it is.
    I would use f:5.6 or f:8 for best results.

The range of 28mm wide angle to 85mm short tele would make it a very usable all-round lens if the quality is good.

Value ???
    See if you like the results and keep it.

I would have loved to have a lens like that for my OM's years back......

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's generic short zoom. Value is in the $15-$30 range depending on whether you're buying or selling.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a Sears store brand. Might be pretty good, might be junk. Market-wise, I'd say somewhere in the vicinity of $15-20.

They probably OEM the lens from someone like Cosina or Sigma. With a lens like this, it's not worth much on the market, but it could be a much better picture taker than it's monetary value. You may as well try it and see if the results are good enough for you to get value out of it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin