Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,961   Online: 856

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great thread. I love my F3HP which apparently was manufactured around 1982. Does that qualify as old?

Shooter
    35mm
    Is it only me or is there generally problems with Pentax bodies for I have a bunch of Minoltas and they just work whilst my ME's and ME-F's are all in need of work?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I LOVE my old Nikkormat FTn, which I inherited at the age of about 15 in 1976. Used it when I worked for a newspaper shooting at the Indy 500 with a press pass in the late 70s, a studio in the late 70s-early 80s (many weddings) and around the world during my 20 year career in the Army starting in 1989, all over Europe, to include combat tours in Afghanistan and Iraq post 9-11. At the age of 48 it is the one item that connects me back to my youth, I am glad I never traded it in or sold it, it still feels great in my hand. Now the Bronica ETRS system is breaking my bank...though much more inexpensive recently than the first time I bought such a system in the early 80s (yes I sold my original ETRS system during a divorce to pay off an attorney). Getting my Father's Kodak Retina IIIC CLA'd and purchasing Franka Rolfix 6x9 cameras, Franka Solida IIIE, Super Frankarette's, and darkroom equipment is breaking my bank in a nice way.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a weakness for older slr cameras. My favorite is the Asahi Pentax K with 55mm f1.8 auto-tak 'Zebra' lens. My second favorite screwmount is a tie between a "late" SV and the Spot F.

Then again, I like the Mamiya C3 and Pentax 6x7 also.

Shooter
    Multi Format

You Are Not Alone

Quote Originally Posted by cknapp1961 View Post
    . . .

Now the Bronica ETRS system is breaking my bank...though much more inexpensive recently than the first time I bought such a system in the early 80s (yes I sold my original ETRS system during a divorce to pay off an attorney).
    There are a few of us out here who do appreciate your plight.

[QUOTE]
    Getting my Father's Kodak Retina IIIC CLA'd and purchasing Franka Rolfix 6x9 cameras, Franka Solida IIIE, Super Frankarette's, and darkroom equipment is breaking my bank in a nice way. [/ quote]

Thank you for the work you had done with your father's Kodak Retina IIIc. That tells me quite a bit about who you are.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Watch out! Their larger cousins, the medium and large format varieties are just as addictive and take up a lot more room. Still, all that wood and brass...
    Yes, that wood and brass, and leather is beautiful! Those are cameras I like.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my OM1 and OM2n but I'm on the lookout for an F3 or F3HP as I had one a few years ago and regret parting with it. Simple, solid and not too bulky - with a spectacular array of superb Nikkor glass, it's got to be one of the best 'old' cameras around. I've just got to find a good one that won't break the piggy bank....
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GAS is a serious syndrome. I have 200 and counting. All the Nikons, Canons, Olympus plus RB67 and 645. Lots of fun though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    GAS is a serious syndrome. I have 200 and counting. All the Nikons, Canons, Olympus plus RB67 and 645. Lots of fun though.
    I now restrict my GAS to Hasselblad. Probably a bad choice moneywise but fun to use.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had 2 Hassies for many years. I like the 6X6 Format, though sometimes I go for the 645 or the 6X7. Mostly I shoot MF unless the trip is long; in that case I defect to 35mm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin