Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,811   Online: 778

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good solid camera made by Ricoh. Stop down match needle metering. Probably will need new light seals.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I just did the light seals on my other daughter's Nikon, so should be able to do another if needed! I really enjoyed working on the camera. Felt accomplished when it was done!
    Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since it is apparently screw mount, there are lots of inexpensive possibilities should the body start having problems. Seems if the lenses are at least not horrible, it is a great purchase.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    Since it is apparently screw mount, there are lots of inexpensive possibilities should the body start having problems. Seems if the lenses are at least not horrible, it is a great purchase.
    I think they may have been K mount; whether K or 42 screw, lots of lens choices. If I recall correctly (never a given), the camera had a copal metal shutter.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    I think they may have been K mount; whether K or 42 screw, lots of lens choices. If I recall correctly (never a given), the camera had a copal metal shutter.
    I actually just googled it before posting, and the one page that I did look at stated M42. Now, I do not know that the particular page I saw was accurate, however. http://www.mattdentonphoto.com/camer...ricoh_tls.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That looks like the camera except the one I purchased is the chrome version.

Shooter
    35mm
    I also have one of those Sears/Ricoh TLS cameras (black, with Sears 50mm f/1.4 lens), and you are going to be suprised in just how heavy the camera is.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first SLR was (and still is) a Sears 1000MXB, M42 mount, I believe the Mamiya version. Still works fine after 33 years, the meter is still working if I bother to put a battery in it. Usually I sunny 16 it and get good results. Mine came with the 1.4 lens, it's the black body. A lot of film has gone through that camera and it should well for any beginning photographer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Funny, I copied off a description of Sunny 16 for my daughter when she was running around with my camera. She nabbed it and said, " Why didn't you give this to me before?" Back off out the door she went. She dosn't like the light meter on my camera (yet). I did tell her they come in handy!
    !

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got the camera today. Looks fantastic and the lenses seem really nice. There is a little dust but not bad. I'll run a roll through it tomorrow at the fair. Thanks for all your advice! Lori

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin