Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,506   Online: 910

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

I just 'won' a Sears TLS

I just got a Sears TLS with Sears Lens 135 mm f:2.8 Sears Lens 28 mm 1:28 Sears Lens 50 mm 1:1.7, and a flash for my youngest daughter. It was sort of a spur of the moment purchase as I was frustrated at not having a camera for 2 days!!! I figured a camera with a different lens system than my Nikon might be a good idea as I really get frustrated not having my equipment when I want it. The camera kit cost $40 (plus $12.00 s/h). Hope I didn't get taken! I usually research a purchase but I just saw it and bought! If anyone has any ideas of problems to look for with this camera I'd be appreciative! Thanks
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess you'll find out when it arrives! If it works, I don't see how you can go wrong at that price. I don't know the camera, but I assume it was made for Sears by some reputable camera maker. Does it have a light meter?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that M42 or K mount.

I forget who made those but I think it would be either Ricoh or Mamiya. Either way much better then the Sears name might suggest. The short lens is the only potential weak link the rest should be more then fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It should have a meter but may need a mercury battery in any case still a good deal.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Made by Ricoh.Good,solid shooter.Pick yourself up a pack of hearing aid batteries (#675 zinc air).You might need a spacer to add width to the battery.I use small rubber washers from a hardware shop.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool, Thanks! Jane is pretty excited to be getting her own camera. I'll be happy to have mine back! She has to pay me back from her fair earnings so I was hoping it would be good for her. Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice gift at a nice price! Even if it is lousy (which is probably is not), she will certainly be able to learn everything she needs to learn, and more, using it. Then if she sticks with it, maybe she will outgrow it. At any rate, it will be a good first camera. My first camera had only one lens and didn't work at the fast shutter speeds, so I am sure it will be better than that!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy it!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure she will enjoy it. At that price you can't go wrong!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What the others said. That group of Sears cameras was made by Ricoh. Who knows about the 135. Tell your daughter that Weegee's dictum was "F11 and bein' there." Any lens stopped down a couple of stops will give her totally acceptable results. And sometimes lenses can be real sleepers. Both of you have fun.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin