Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,661   Online: 653

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guess it really does depend on your shooting style. I really like the 24mm f2.8 and might like the 2 if I had it. For my shooting style the 85mm f2 can't be beat. I like to photograph people & get in close and this one does it for me. With a little extension slipped between it and the body, it also does nicely for real close-ups. I think the bottom line is there isn't much Zuiko prime glass that is very doggy. Bill Barber

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    Hi pants - my favorite is a Zuiko 80mm f4 macro that was made to fit the auto bellows. I can get 4:1 and I love it. Getting ready to go use it again in a few minutes. I am obsessed with that 1/2" DOF. CHEERS.
    That is also my favourite, a stellar lens, even compared to the 3.5/50 Macro and the 3.5/38 bellows lens. The 80mm had been recommended to me when I asked in this forum "which is the best lens ever made for macro photography around 1:1 size?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    That is also my favourite, a stellar lens, even compared to the 3.5/50 Macro and the 3.5/38 bellows lens. The 80mm had been recommended to me when I asked in this forum "which is the best lens ever made for macro photography around 1:1 size?"
    I have this lens myself but must confess that I can't recall when last I used it. I bought during my slide copying days and used it with the auto-bellows. I shoot only B&W nowadays and have yet to develop an interest in the world of macro photography.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shame on you TEX, this is really a superb lens and you should use it. You will be amazed at the results. I've been out bug hunting today and used it in combination with the variable auto tube and T28 twin macro flash unit, at 1:1 the image quality is astounding. I also use the Zuiko 135mm bellows macro which, when used in combination with the auto-tube covers 1:3 to infinity. Both quite outstanding lenses.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Ones favourite lens depends on what subject you are photographing!

My most used lens is a Zuiko 28mm f2.8 closely followed by the 50mm f3.5 macro. Today I used my 21mm f3.5 because I wanted to take some record shots of our home and the macro to take photos of a couple of model cars. The 21mm was perfect, whereas a 28mm would not be wide enough, and as the model cars measured 4" and 3" the macro lens was again the right choice here.

Cheers Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweet! I have been thinking about the Telescopic Auto Tube myself.... for awhile. EBay is the only place I have ever seen one available.

What I am really lusting after is the Zuiko Macro 38mm f3.5 to use with the auto bellows. KEH had one available like 1 1/2 yrs ago and I couldn't swing it financially at the time and I haven't seen another one available since. Of course I kick myself now because I haven't seen another one come up. (I prefer to buy from them). I am assuming I have to find one with the PM-MTob right? I can imagine all of the cool shots I could get of my toys.... really abstract b&w stuff with gorgeous grain.

Have any of you folks ever used one or the 20mm f3.5 macro? They both look incredible.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't myself (i use a set of Zeiss Luminars) but i have seen many images taken with these, and they are indeed great little lenses.
    The bellows unit suits these lenses more than the telescopic tube though, making it much easier to adjust things with the precision needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I do love the auto bellows. It's actually a really fun toy.

Shooter
    35mm
    35mm f2.0 Easy to work with. I have several 35mm f2.0 for different systems. Also, 85mm f2.0 nice portrait.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My favorite (more or less) is a 75mm-150mm f/4 Zuiko.... Has a history behind it ...

I originally bought this used. It had a problem in losing its focus when "zooming" from one end of the range to the other. I lived with it.

A few years ago we had the "Mother's Day Flood" ... 12" of rain in about 12 hours. My Olympus and all the accessories were caught underwater as a result. Everything was borought to a respected repair shop - one of those shops dedicated to repairing professional equipment only (knock three times and tell them "Scott" sent you). Everything was dried out, cleaned, lubricated ... an excellent job - EXCEPT that 75mm - 150mm... it would NOT focus -at all. I returned it, they sent it out, and it was re-built. Now, this is the finest, sharpest, most contrasty, distortion free lens I own, bar none!
    I use it almost exclusively in copying art, producing transparencies submission to Art Schools. I don't think anyone can be more technically fussy than artists judging transparencies of their own work.

The only way that lens is going anywhere is when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin