Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,400   Online: 770

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kiron 28-105mm F3.2-4.5 Macro (NIB)

I have a Kiron 28-105mm F3.2-4.5 Macro, Minolta mount lens, new in the box. Its been sitting in the closet the past 20 yrs. with my Minolta X-700.

I recently resurrected the X-700, bought a couple rolls of film for it today.
    Couldn't remember why I purchased this lens. I'm mean to say, I probably could have easily purchased a Sigma, Tamron or even Minolta for that matter.

Is there anyone out there familiar with this particular lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have this lens in Y/C mount. Excellent image quality but somewhat clumsy ergonomics. Zoom and focus movement are a bit tight and iris is stuck as of now (used to work OK). But this could easily be the current sample problem, as it looks heavily used. Give it a try, you might be very positively surprised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have this lens in Y/C mount also. It's better than I thought it would be, but then Kiron made good lenses. I bought it to replace a Tamron that was stolen. I paid about $50 for it used. I think the focus changes when you zoom IIRC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far, I've heard from people who have it in other mounts as well as Minolta. Most seem to have liked this lens. I have 50-135 3.5 and 28mm 2.5 Rokkor's, so I may wind up selling it, but then again it may be interesting to play with for awhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since you already have on hand go ahead use it, if you don't like it sell it and get another lense from KEH(or another place).

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin