Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 933

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Nikkor is what you need. Look around and you are bound one in exellent condition for not much more than an off-brand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for the Nikkor 28 2.8 Ai(S). Just can't go wrong with it.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    the Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AIS is a Nikon show piece. Absolutely blows away all other lenses in this focal length. Its like Nikon turned its engineers loose and said make it the very best you can...and they did. Nothing else even comes close.
    Yes, it is. I have one and it is simply fantastic. I also have the 24 mm. f/2.8 which I use more than I do the 28 simply because I prefer the wider angle. The difference in image quality, which favors the 28, is not great when making enlargements up to about 10x.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    A very good economy 28 is the Vivitar 28/2.5 Fixed Mount. The 28/1.9 Vivitar Series 1 is also nice and very well built. Vivitar's last 28/2 (Ser. # 28XXX...) is sharp, has close focusing and is not very expensive. The 28/2.8 AIS is a very expensive lens. For the same money or less a 28/2 would serve you at least as well. These are floating element designs which are supposed to have better image quality at the closer focusing distances. I have two 28/3.5 AI lenses and find then to be excellent. If I need to shoot in the close range I'll use a 55/3.5 or 55/2.8 Micro Nikkor. Either of these is much better in the close range than any 28.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin