Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,031   Online: 743

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Minolta AF-Sv : Anyone used this camera before?

hey all,

well, freshly back from my weekly trolling of the local thrift shops (goodwill, salvation army and amvets), I arrived home with a little Minolta AF-Sv, put some new batteries in is(AA's), and it fired right up.
    I tried finding some info on it on the good ol' web, but no luck. The only reason as to why I got it, rather than save my $3.95 was because it had a 35mm 2.8 lens on it. It also has a film speed dial that goes from 25-1000asa.

So basically, does anyone have any thoughts on the camera? Thankfully everthing works, including the little "voice" that tells you to use the flash, or "check distance".

I ran a quick roll through the camera yesterday and today, and since I have another 2 weeks until school is back(my folks won't allow me to develop film at home ), I would like to illicit your help, if you can lend any, to help me understand my new find.

Thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't recognize the model # but when you mentioned the "little voice" it came back. It 's the Minolta talker, and the reason I started wearing tinfoil hats. Beyond that, I haven't the foggiest.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here's some pictures to refresh anyone's memory

and another

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Dan, my mom has one that she bought new when they were new. (BTW, she's looking for a replacement for the misplaced lens cap.) She lives a few states away, but if you're still in need of an owner's manual, I can copy it when I see her next time. How are you liking it so far?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin