Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,549   Online: 954

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanimex

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hanimex

Did the company relabel any "quality" cameras & lenses?
    I'm asking because the 35-70 lens I was given fell apart at the mount,bounced once off the walking bridge,and sunk into the St. John river.
    Actually quite humorous.

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW - my dad used to work for them (advertising mgr.) and they were an importer/distributor of Fuji (cameras & film) but I do not think they did any relabelling...cheers, sam

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a 135mm f2.8 Hanimex lens with a Nikon mount. It's actually very good - I can't fault it.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Australian publication "Photographic Trader" has contributors who would have some knowledge of the history of Hanimex. An issue which I have put in the recycling bin long ago had an article about aspects of their history.

Perhaps an e-mail might find a response, but note that they are quite a small operation.

Their address: enquiries@phototrader.com.au

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The company started in Australia, I think in the mid-50's, but then expanded operations to the UK in the 60's. They imported, rebadged and sold cheap cameras, slide projectors and accessories usually sourced from post-war Japan & Eastern Europe. An example is the Japanese Topcon and also the East German Practica. There is a little info if you Google the name and go to the Wikepedia link but the company folded/was sold years ago and nothing remains. I think Fuji may have bought them out as they were a significant distributor of Fuji products in Australia at one time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bang on Leigh.
    Hannes Import Export=Hanimex

Hope the lens didn't kill any fish!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have a 135mm f2.8 Hanimex lens with a Nikon mount. It's actually very good - I can't fault it.
    Steve.

I have a 70-200mm zoom in Olympus OM mount by Hanimex and I'm satisfied with it as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I heard only good things about Hanimex, sort of a “sleeper“. But there’s also Hanimar, who made (relabeled) very poor pieces of equipment.
    B&W is silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hanimex as related was an Aussie import export house. In the mid 80's they bought Vivitar and continued to trade under the Vivitar name. I assume at this time Hanimex sold the rights to the S1 90mm f2.5 macro, the 2X macro-focusing teleconverter to Tokina and its related company Kenko.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have the same lens in M42 mount. It's a favourite of mine, and spends time on my Spotmatic, Canon TL QL and K10D -- the latter two with adapters. It's my go-to portrait lens and low-light zoom replacement.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin