Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,027   Online: 848

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The L35AF is all you need. I brought it to camp where we teach a photography class to students age 8 to 14. It quickly became known as "the good camera" because it just takes pictures. Rather than feebly trying to describe the inner workings of a K1000 and the inter-relationships of depth of field to aperture to shutter speed to 10 year olds and coming back with half of the pictures under-exposed and the other half over, we went out and took pictures. The camera worked, the kids were happy, and we achieved a state of utter happiness. There's a certain point where automation is perfection. If you want to teach your son control, use a view camera. I also suggest a camera like the N80 because it works manually but provides autofocus when you just don't care anymore. IMHO wasting your time trying to set everything manually is useless in a world when we have Program Auto, Exposure Compensation, and can rotate through selected pairs of values with a thumb wheel. You miss good pictures if you're distracted, much like the LCD of a digital camera.

Mine ran on the same set of AAs for a few months. I guess I shoot most of my pictures without flash outside, and I don't take very many...

AFAIK the lens is sharp and has slight falloff.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great little camera. Nikon has a story about the development of the lens, which is actually a very short Sonnar design, very unique. http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...kkor/n33_e.htm
    I got one for my 2 year old, he shot a bit with it and it was a 'drag toy' for a while, still works well but is a bit beat on the plastic, its a strong little camera. Great lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've just got the 1st roll developed from one i bought off eBay cheaply, i was convinced it wasn't working properly but on getting the film back i was very surprised by the results, best couple of quid I've spent in a long time

CuS

Shooter
    35mm

First shots!

Thanks for all of your input - the camera looks to be ready to go.

Here's a few shots from a roll of Kodak Ektar I shot yesterday (light was a bit harsh - 'bout 12 noon here), but some are pretty good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colusit...7622023714839/

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    One more question - what do you do for teh dodgey battery door which seems to have a mind of its own - loves to pop open.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all!
    I have just joined this nice forum here. And would appreciate y'all's advise, if possible.

Earlier this afternoon...about half an hour ago...I bought a Nikon L35 AF on E-bay...for about eight pounds sterling.

I have read about it over the past fortnight and thought it is a good camera. I am not a professional photographer. (A childhood hobby of mine. Along with an intense interest in Astronomy.)

Fundamentally, I've bought this camera for my baby, who has just turned eight.
    When he was about four, three and half really, I bought him an auto winding/focusing point/shoot, easy-to-use 35 mil camera at a school fete. He had lots of fun with it. So did I enjoy his shooting.

He has a digital (a Sony model) we got him for Christmas...but I'd like him to use a film camera. So I'm going to surprise with this, as a present.

He is old enough to understand, not to open the back and take the film out! ...(like Ol' James Bond)

As I've yet to receive the camera...I was wondering what your experiences, generally, are with it.

I've got a few other cameras...none is digital...which are obviously bulky for him to use casually. We'll have to wait a few more years.

In the meantime...about my latest 'investment' I would appreciate any feedback.

best regards
    mahesh

(Flynn is my baby's name, I used as my username...because 'mahesh' is already taken at this forum. I wonder if that really is me or someone else.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the L35AD, which features a data back (though I never use it.) It has a nice 2.8 Nikon lens- not Nikkor, but who cares since it takes nice pictures?

I picked mine up from a junk table for $10. AA batteries are plentiful at $1 shops so I don't mind.

The only thing I don't like about it is its noisy operation- the loud shutter and advance. A stealth camera it is not. Other than that however, it's quite nice. One can't complain for $10

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CuS View Post
    Thanks for all of your input - the camera looks to be ready to go.

Here's a few shots from a roll of Kodak Ektar I shot yesterday (light was a bit harsh - 'bout 12 noon here), but some are pretty good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colusit...7622023714839/

Looking good.........in fact I've picked up about 5 P&S from Canon to Minolta inc the Nikon for £1 each....and all the lenses are very good.
    I bought an Olympus 105g off ebay with a zoom lens and it was crap...so my advice to anyone getting a film P&S is to get a fixed lens one.

My latest gamble for £1 was this Minolta AFZ and it all worked, so another P&S with VG lens for my wife (if she wants it) without saying "Oh no not another bloody camera"
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...N%26start%3D20
    Last edited by Excalibur2; 08-26-2009 at 12:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

These things are gems!

I'll stack 'em up to a $200 Yashica T4 any old day!

I gave up the L35AF for a couple of AW35AF's (Action Touch) and they're the only 35mm cameras I own now. Weather/underwater proof and sharp and contrasty as a tack. Faster than I can determine focus and exposure to boot!

Jo

Shooter
    35mm
    ***I'll stack 'em up to a $200 Yashica T4 any old day!***

..and a T4 is better than a $200 s/h digital P&S. I'm a film guy but I'd prefer the digital for that sort of money. In fact that's what I have:- an old 5mp sony which you can pick up cheap these days:-

Sony DSC-P92 click again to enlarge more
    http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...nov2005002.jpg

Can a T4 balance ambient light with flash?
    Last edited by Excalibur2; 08-26-2009 at 12:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin