Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,414   Online: 1021

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used an L35AF for my entire trip this summer when my Minolta SLR went belly-up the first day out. I used Elite Chrome 100 & 200, and most of the shots turned out sharp and exposed much better than I would have expected. In fact, when that camera died last week , I went out and bought myself another one. It has become my go to camera for quick shots or places where an SLR won't work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I played with an L35AF for a little while. Got it out of the $1 bargain bin at a local camera shop, because it looked like a dinosaur of the 80's and had a busted battery lid. I wrapped the battery lid with gaffer tape, and went shooting! The lens is sharp and amazing. Considering the original price of this little monster, I'm sure Nikon put their latest matrix metering and AF logic in it as well. The metering was just as good as my Nikon F80.

I ended up passing the camera along to fellow enthusiast, but I wouldn't hesitate to pull another one out of the bargain bin if I see it again.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I started my son with an old Zeiss Tengor 6x9 box camera when he was 6 year old. He liked it, but he complained that his photos were not as sharp as mine. So now he uses a Nikon SLR.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just bought a Yashica T5d with zeiss lens for £1.50 at the bootie....seems a sort after camera as it's going for up to £50 on ebay, well I'll run a film thru and see what the lens is like compared to the Nikon L35AD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is the T5...

still a 35mm f3.5? Or is that one of the zoom T*s? Either way, for $3+ you're WAY ahead of the game!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jolefler View Post
    still a 35mm f3.5? Or is that one of the zoom T*s? Either way, for $3+ you're WAY ahead of the game!

AF fixed focus lens.....Yashica T5D with data back and also waist viewfinder, Carl Zeiss T* Tessar 3.5/35...with case, all in excellent condition.
    Dunno why they are reaching up to £120 on Ebay (on completed listings) as the other P&S that I have e.g. Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Konica give very good results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Heck yeah, L35AF love! I think it's still one of the undiscovered gems on eBay... an awesome quirky (and very 80s) camera with a very nice lens whose price hasn't been jacked up by the Lomo crowd. I've got two, one of the early models and one of the late (the only difference being that the late model has a max ISO setting of 1000, versus 400).

Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    It has a nice 2.8 Nikon lens- not Nikkor, but who cares since it takes nice pictures?
    According to Nikon it is a very good Nikkor design. 5 element Sonnar pattern. The designers got very pi??ed off with people dismissing it as only a Nikon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Nikon L35 AF it's a very fine all metal compact with a good lens, the only issue I have with it is the automatic flash in low light conditions pops up of it's own volition and flashes at the most inopportune moments.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Awesome camera. It's perfect for children. I used mine for such till strange mechanical shutter lock out issues stopped it from functioning.
    --Nicholas Andre

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin