Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,322   Online: 908

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon FM10 question

I'm looking to buy a Nikon FM10 as a NEW film camera. I already have a number of Nikon lenses, ranging all the way from two rabbit-ear models to two autofocus lenses. Will the FM10 accept the older lenses?

Thank you to all who reply.

With best regards,

Stephen S. Mack

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    i have an fm10 and use ai lenses. as far as i know it will also take non ai, but i haven't tried.

why buy new when you can do something like this??

also, if i had it to do again i would have looked for an older metal nikon body. just me $.02
    -Jake

Photography by the seat of my pants.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, it won't take non-AI lenses. The AI meter coupling tab doesn't fold out of the way, as it can on some older Nikon bodies.

AI, AI-S, Series E, AF, AF-D, AF-I, AF-S are all OK. AF-G aren't (no aperture ring). Non-AI are not good, but AI-converted lenses work like AI lenses and are fine.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The FM10 will work with ANY Nikon F Mount Lenses (98% of them) that have an aperature ring on the lens.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin