Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,355   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For most cameras, I use the one that is installed because it can't be changed.

The ones that I like best have a diagonally split rangefinder.

For me, that's my Nikon F2A, Rolleiflex SL 35 M and Rolleiflex SL 35 E.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ira Rush View Post
    Try the Nikon P or L screen (45° angle). I use them both, (one in my F2, the other in my FTN) and yes 100% easier to focus.
    I have the P screen in my Nikon F4s, and I love that screen, as it has the diagonal split focus aide, as well as microprism circle, and a "cross hair".
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Be sure you get the right "H"... Some wont focus (properly) with some lenses.

I have the H2, which is the most compatible with the lenses I have (and maybe in general). Check before buying!

An annoying thing is that you usually have to change the exposure compensation for each lens.

As for metering, I got a sweetheart of a deal on a DE-1 prisim so I'm using my hand held meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my Nikon F2, F4E, FA & FM2N:
    Type D - Overall fine-ground matte field,
    or,
    Type E - Matte/Fresnel field with 3mm fine-ground matte spot, 12mm reference circle, and etched horizontal and vertical lines.

Shooter
    35mm

SLR Focusing Screen

My favorite screen for general use is a grid type. I find changing the screens in my Minolta X-700s more annoying than in my Canon F-1s or Nikon F2 so I keep one X-700 with a grid screen all the time, one X-700 with a plain matte screen all the time and two with the standard screens. In My Canon F-1s I like the L D screen best although I have many other types. In 1984 I had an Nikon E screen from the FE installed in a Konica FT-1. I used the camera for many years and found it very useful for macro work and for work with slower lenses like zooms. That camera now needs work. I later had a Nikon E screen installed in an Autoreflex T2 body. I used that camera earlier this week.

I have grid screens for my Bronica ETR, SQ and GS series cameras. One of my Nikon FE cameras has an E screen in it. I was interested in getting an E screen for my two N2020 bodies but manual focusing with the standard screen is very easy. Several years ago I bought a few different screens, including a grid screen, for a Mamiya NC1000S. I find the standard screens in the Canon EF, Nikkormat FT2 and FT3, Konica Autoreflex T3 and T3N, Pentax K1000 and many other cameras to be adequate for general shooting but not so easy to use for macro work or with slower lenses. For higher magnification macro work, anything more than about 2:1, I prefer a plain matte screen. The grid screen sometimes also aids in composition and in keeping lines straight with wide angles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For my Nikon F2's, the plain ground glass / fresnel, pure, simple. I have a grid screen when I need the parallel reference (architecture, etc.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin