Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,404   Online: 993

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The Helios 44-2 is a great lens. The physical construction is not up to Japanese standards, but optically it's very strong, with the added bonus noted by the original poster that you can still get circular bokeh even with it stopped down.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Can anyone recommend a person or facility that can relube my Heliar 58mm M42 lens? I like the images it produces, but the focus is very stiff. I don't have the tools here where I am to attempt this work myself. Recommendations welcomed!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Soviets are not fool and not everything cheap is ass. Zenit 58mm f:2 Helios is one the best lens I have ever used. I bought mine at 1986 , Zenit ET and I put it to -25 celcius deep freezer and it was working like it is in Hawaii Its a copy of Biotar and if I am not wrong same architecture with Summmitar and I get few better color prints with my 7 Leicas. And Kiev 60 and 88 are ultra good , you must be intelligent to use them because some bits and nuts could be damaged but 250mm Jupiter and 80mm Planar Copy is using film and laughing to their digital craps.
    Dont forget Soviets sent first man and woman in to space and their mathematicians and all other science people is 50 years forward to west.
    Check science news and what they accomplish in every 6 months is not be able to done in 150 years with your cowboys.
    They were a empire when you are busy with horse shit and run from indians

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Soviets are not fool and not everything cheap is ass. Zenit 58mm f:2 Helios is one the best lens I have ever used. I bought mine at 1986 , Zenit ET and I put it to -25 celcius deep freezer and it was working like it is in Hawaii Its a copy of Biotar and if I am not wrong same architecture with Summmitar and I get few better color prints with my 7 Leicas. And Kiev 60 and 88 are ultra good , you must be intelligent to use them because some bits and nuts could be damaged but 250mm Jupiter and 80mm Planar Copy is using film and laughing to their digital craps.
    Dont forget Soviets sent first man and woman in to space and their mathematicians and all other science people is 50 years forward to west.
    Check science news and what they accomplish in every 6 months is not be able to done in 150 years with your cowboys.
    They were a empire when you are busy with horse shit and run from indians
    Is this guy for real????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    Is this guy for real????

Shooter
    35mm
    My 44-2 cost me £1.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this guy for real????
    Aa real as anybody seeing things from the other side of the ocean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Aa real as anybody seeing things from the other side of the ocean.
    As an old cold war survivor and watching with a fairly unbiased eye and having onwned a Zenit, I found that most things Russian lacked precission and attention to detail, and the nice things they produced, they usualy stole from someone else

Shooter
    35mm
    As an old cold war survivor and watching with a fairly unbiased eye and having onwned a Zenit, I found that most things Russian lacked precission and attention to detail, and the nice things they produced, they usualy stole from someone else

Possibly you should study the Russian wristwatches. Some of their mechanical watches can be accurate to within 5 seconds a day right out of the box. Some of these movements contain as many as 31 jewels. I would say their watch and clock making history contains many examples of precision and great attention to detail.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    Possibly you should study the Russian wristwatches. Some of their mechanical watches can be accurate to within 5 seconds a day right out of the box. Some of these movements contain as many as 31 jewels. I would say their watch and clock making history contains many examples of precision and great attention to detail.
    Jon
    But John, Who did they steal the designs from?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin