Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 710

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a huge problem in this market. You simply can not find a new 35mm SLR without help. Try entering 35mm SLR into a web search. You'll find the EOS 1V without too much trouble, but nobody is buying THAT beast for a high school class. The only inexpensive 35mm SLRs in production today are the Vivitar and Nikon intro models, and you need to ask for help to gain THAT knowledge. I have no doubt that many camera stores don't know or don't care about those two offerings and will happilly tell the student (or his mom) that you really should buy a digital SLR and then get a used film body (from their pile of used junk) that you can use for class and throw away when you're done.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Funny. I just did a quick search for "35mm SLR" and came across a question on Yahoo! Answers that adds weight to some of the points raised.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7151851AAVj5lm

The question is still open. We could jump in with some advice but doesn't the fact the question needed to be asked indicate a failure somewhere?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Again, It is probably just an "innovative" idea that Kodak had to get back into the camera-making business. Whatever comes out as the end product could be anything. (Most likely a [cheap] SLR though)
    My weapons consist of 11 cameras. And counting... Be afraid.

We are the makers of music, The dreamers of dreams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin