Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,576   Posts: 1,646,750   Online: 1002

Page 1 of 23 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Whats in your camera bag?

Do you have a camera bag ready to go at all times?

Here's your chance to list what your setup is.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Currently:
    Purple insulated soft lunch cooler.
    Canon A-1, 50mm f1.4 FDn. Hoya warming filter.
    Canon 24mm f2 FDn with hood. Hoya warming filter.
    Canon 100mm f2.8 FDn. Hoya UV filter
    Hoya 52mm polarizing filter.
    Rodenstock lens cloth (new.. I throw them away after a couple uses)
    2 rolls generic 200 speed color film.
    Olympus Stylus (original version) with 35mm f3.5 lens.
    1 extra battery
    1 bottle of water.
    Last edited by darinwc; 09-06-2009 at 05:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Olympus OM-1, 50 f1.8 with B+W CPL filter, and an almost finished roll.
    2 rolls of Fujichrome RA (sensia, I like to call it RA) + the one in the camera.
    1 roll of generic ASA200 print film (Fuji Superia)
    Zuiko 135 f3.5 + UV filter
    Zuiko 28 f3.5 + UV filter
    28mm's hood and Skylight filter around.

that's it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3x4 crown graphic stripped of viewfinder and rangefinder
    6-1/2" Dagor in Volute shutter
    air bulb release
    4 3x4 film holders loaded with Efke 100
    Pentax Spotmeter V

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Olympus OM-4Ti, Zuiko 50mm f3.5 Auto-macro, Zuiko 28mm f3.5, F280 Flash and Auto cord F0.6m, 49mm C/Pol., Skylight 1A and 81C filters. Fuji Provia F 100 Slide film. That's bag 1, for countryside walkabouts.
    Bag 2, Olympus OM-2, Auto. Ext. Tube 65-116 and Zuiko 135mm f4 Bellows Macro, T32 Flash and Auto cord T0.6m, Fuji Provia F 100/ Fujia Velvia100.
    Bag 3, Olympus OM-2N, Auto Winder 1, Auto. Ext. Tube 65-116 and Zuiko 80mm f4 Bellows Macro, T28 Twin Macro Flash and T1 Control unit, Fuji Velvia 50.
    Close is good, closer is even better!tt
    Last edited by Allan Swindles; 09-06-2009 at 05:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Afterthought.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which camera bag? I have several. For each system (EOS, FD, Nikon, Minolta MD, M645) I include a body and a couple of lenses. After that it's pretty variable, depending on what I use the system for: extension tubes, cable release, specialty filters, assorted film, spare batteries and so on.

The main bag for each system is set up for a particular body with a couple of extra lenses and some small paraphernalia; the body is easily exchanged for another of the same system. I almost never take more than one body, unless I'm driving somewhere.

My Mamiya M645 kit resides in two bags, depending on whether I want to go 'small', or if I'm going on a driving excursion. A Billingham 225 holds the camera, three lenses, spare insert, batteries, film, etc. If I'm going out for a drive in what country we have around here I also grab a Billingham Hadley Pro, which contains a few spare backs, more inserts, extra film, and extension tubes.

After 20+ years of lugging gear around I've come to appreciate traveling light and grabbing only what's needed. I no longer take everything with me, nor do I load up on extraneous stuff like multi-tools, gaffer tape, string, wire, etc.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Right now in Spain they're holding the Running of the Bulls,
    followed by the Soiling of the Pants, and the Burying of the Idiots.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have two camera bags. One of them is my digital bag, and I usually take a few things out of that before I take it anywhere. The other bag at the moment contains:

Rolleiflex 3.5E
    Rolleinars 1 and 2
    Yellow filter, Orange filter, Red filter and Hood [all Bay II]
    2 x rolls of Neopan 400, 1 x roll of Pan-F, 1 x roll of Kodak 160NC
    1 x cable release.
    1 x Gossen Sixon 2

The meter isn't usually in the bag [the camera meter is normally accurate but needs adjusting at the moment].

A lot of the time I don't carry a camera bag, but just chuck a 35mm camera in whatever bag I have with me [with books, or notepads, or whatever I'm carrying that day].

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    35mm: 2 bodies, 4 zooms, 3 fixed focal length lenses, flash, lightmeter, colortemp meter, spare batteries, 3 tablepods, cleaning kit, painkillers and other medication, holds my laptop too.
    The same bag I use for my Mamiya RB 67 outfit with 3 lenses and meters, flash or my Shen Hao 4x5 with 2-3 lenses, film, meters.

And than there is a smaller bag that just holds 2 bodies with each a zoom and spare batteries for when I am traveling light.

The big Sinar P2 8x10/4x5 inches goes into several seperate cases.....

Oh, well, I wanted it......

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, my new set up that I share with my youngest is: Nikon FM2 with 3 lenses, 50mm 1:1.8, 75-200mm 1:4.5, and 28mm 1:2.8 that is set up with color film. Usually Fuji 400; Next is the Sears TLS with 135mm 1:2.8, 50mm1:1.7and 28mm 1:2.8 set up for black and white. Usually Arista Edu 100.

I really prefer the Sears camera but I believe that it is because the lenses on the Sears are in much better shape than my Nikon lenses. I like having options for both color and b&w because some subjects just seem to need that color! Anymore I tend to see most subjects as B&W though.

Still looking for a good bag to carry it all in. I'm looking at the sling bag that holds 2 slrs with lens on the ready. I am having trouble justifying the cost to my DH though! I've tried a back pack and find it awkward (especially in tight quarters or crowded spaces). I'm back to the Sonora bag which is too small for much extra film or a 120 camera which I also like to through into the mix. It's packed tight and gives me a neck ache!

Anyway that is what I carry (for now).
    -Lori

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my bags holds the following:

Olympus OM body (currently OM2sp) with 24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/2.0 and 85mm f/2.0 Zuiko lenses, plus an Olympus T20 flash, cable release, lens cleaning kit, spare batteries and an assortment of Kodak film.

It's a nice, small Lowepro bag.

The other bags? That's a secret .

Matt

Page 1 of 23 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin