Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,444   Online: 1087

Shooter
    Medium Format

flashing "E" on Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80

I just picked this camera up off ebay, put a new battery and a fresh roll of film in it and when I turn it on an "E" flashes in the little window on the top. What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zenza View Post
    I just picked this camera up off ebay, put a new battery and a fresh roll of film in it and when I turn it on an "E" flashes in the little window on the top. What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?
    Check to see if the film is properly loaded. (too much leader will prevent the takeup from "gripping" the film) If the film did not catch, back the leader off until it matches the graphic exactly and try again.

If the film is caught on the takeup, use the rewind button to unload, drop the battery out, put the battery back and try reloading.

Celac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Olympus has the manual on their website here:http://www.olympuscanada.com/cpg_sec...uct.asp?id=293 It explains the film isn't loaded correctly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, the film isn't loaded properly. Try to shorten the leader a bit, and try again.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin