Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,855   Online: 1059

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Any photo examples taken with

Vintage 35 mm from the 50's and early 60's, i.e. Kodak Realist...and info on different quality of lenses used in that era? I just got a Realist, for a prop, needs some work. shutter is a bit sticky. Might attempt to get it working. I am impressed by the weight of the camera and quality of metal work of the housing. The lens is a steinheil munchen cassar S 50 mm 2.8. Don t know about the lens but I am sure the build cost of the housing today would be cost prohibitive today. Has a rangefinder that seems to work....
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a website called DrT's Stereo Page which has a lot of useful information on the Stereo Realist, including repair instructions:
    http://home.att.net/~drt-3d/toys/realist/index.htm
    You have one of the later models, 1954-56.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Tessar,

When I google realist, I get the stereo etc....this camera is not a stereo camera...Realist 35 is engraved on the top plate. Can t find a serial number, but is is made in Germany....I ll check out DrT! Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a Cassar on and Edixamat and it was quite a pedestrian Tessar type lens, not particularly outstanding, I used it at the British F1 Grand Pix around 1970/71. All Tessar's are best stopped down f11 is optimum for a 50mm, f8 acceptable. Of course for portraits etc where criticalm sharpness isn't an issue they are fine wider

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to buy and sell photo equipment, and briefly owned a very nice Retina IIa, made in Germany. I want to say it had a Schneider lens, but I'm not certai anymore -- that was some 18 years ago. I put one roll of film through it before I sold it. I still recall how well made that camera was. I have no idea offhand where that single roll's worth of photos are, but if I run across them, I'll post a couple of examples.

Michael

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I haven t found a photo example of this Realist 35 (non stereo) camera. The advance lever is jointed and folds into a recess in the back of the top plate....prontor SVS

shutter speeds are B, 1 sec , 1/2 sec, 1/5, 1/10, 1/25, 1/50, 1/100, and 1/300 (skips 200/250).

Lens isSteinheil Munchen Casas S 2.8...lens number is 1251408, serial number inside camera is 762052.

Duh, I just realized that I do not see Kodak anywhere on the camera! Just Realist on front and top plate. Maybe I have been barking up the wrong tree!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Nicholas, that s the camera, left hand film advance et al....I was looking for Kodak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might find this website interesting -- they have a .pdf of the Realist 35's owner's manual there.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/realist_35/realist_35.htm

Michael

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Regarding pre-1970s cameras, they continue to be used somewhat widely by a number of people here and elsewhere.

The popular German brands (without listing a huge list of specific models) include Zeiss Ikon, Agfa, Voigtlander, Rollei, Braun, Balda, Ihagee, Kodak AG (the former Nagel Camera Werks) and others.

I don't know if this is true of all Stereo Realist models, but mine focuses by moving the film plane to and fro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin