Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,994   Online: 1148

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If a seller has a combative attitude then BEWARE. I've dealt many times with people who exhibit angry, rude, combative behavior and... more often than not... they're selling faulty merchandise and lying about its condition. I NEVER buy from those types.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    If a seller has a combative attitude then BEWARE. I've dealt many times with people who exhibit angry, rude, combative behavior and... more often than not... they're selling faulty merchandise and lying about its condition. I NEVER buy from those types.
    Good advice for life in general.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To be fair, the seller will think much the same about someone asking about things that to him are apparently so insignificant that he can't help but think that someone is deliberately trying to be annoying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know, the seller did not have to post the original question and answer on the auction, that is an option, which to me indicates that "Grandma Ruth" was not trying to hide anything and really thought it did not matter.

Now, I do agree that "Granny's" response and his/her continued rudeness was way out of line. I also read through the feedback to try to get an idea if the quality of the negative feedbacks. I am not quite ready to swear off anyone who is not at 100%, but they better be darned close. I am also really bothered when a seller responds to negative feedbacks with nasty remarks, that is a huge red flag.

I am glad that my grandmother wasn't this harsh!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It's the "scroo you" attitude that raises the red flag. If they exhibit a "scroo you" attitude... they will. Just MHO... and that goes for buyers and sellers both.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would have to disagree with one of the above posts. I do not think the seller's point is valid. Whether it is a collectible lens or not, why should anyone have to explain why he/she would like original caps on his/her lens? Also, what is collectible to one may not be collectible to another. The practical definition of "collectible" can be broad and somewhat subjective. Thus, the seller's point (and attitude) are both entirely invalid. As has already been pointed out, if it does not make a difference, then I would not have asked. The least a seller could do is provide a courteous answer to a simple question.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I see it both ways
    does it matter is fine to ask and not rude imo
    calling you a jerk and mocking you or whatever he did is a bit rude but the jerk comment seems a lighthearted half joke to me ..can never quite tell.
    Saying lenses with ... are more valuable and since his are generic you're implying his lens is overpriced
    I can see that as being rude from his side

I don't really don't see a winner here. I see a draw. One side of the draw sems more respectable but on closer examination I really don't think it is ..just a cloak of civility while the other doesn't care to be seen as anything other than who they are

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I guess weeds don't exist, either.
    I bet

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sun of sand View Post
    I see it both ways
    does it matter is fine to ask and not rude imo
    calling you a jerk and mocking you or whatever he did is a bit rude but the jerk comment seems a lighthearted half joke to me ..can never quite tell.
    Saying lenses with ... are more valuable and since his are generic you're implying his lens is overpriced
    I can see that as being rude from his side

I don't really don't see a winner here. I see a draw. One side of the draw sems more respectable but on closer examination I really don't think it is ..just a cloak of civility while the other doesn't care to be seen as anything other than who they are
    It's not the asking... it's the reply. That was a "Scroo You" reply. 'Nuff said...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sun of sand View Post
    I guess weeds don't exist, either.
    I bet
    Yes they do... and it's our job to recognise them as weeds. Are you a weed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin