Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,811   Posts: 1,581,541   Online: 952
      
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    northern england
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    711
    I had a F301 from new. Looking back, the images I took on that camera were as good and probably better than any other, including an OM1, pro Nikons, various Canons. Maybe because I stuck it and a 28mm lens in places I wouldn't have placed my 'better' cameras.

  2. #22
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,056
    Images
    4
    If cameras gives you nice images - then it is a keeper. Between cheap Nikon F301 who gives you nice images and Hasselblad or Leica who "does not feel right" and not give you nice results - it is clear with what you should choose .

    My example: I had nikon F, F2, and F3. On the end I sold F2 because it did not feel right as nikon F and F3. Totally subjective, F2 is perfect mechanical masterpiece, but for me it did not worked.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    northern england
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    My example: I had nikon F, F2, and F3. On the end I sold F2 because it did not feel right as nikon F and F3. Totally subjective, F2 is perfect mechanical masterpiece, but for me it did not worked.
    Ditto. I craved an F2 to replace my much-missed F, but it never replaced the F in my affections and I sold it soon after.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    70
    I had one briefly a few years ago but didn't keep it long as I didn't like the lack of an aperture readout in the viewfinder, the lack of a depth of field preview & the finder display. It just seemed such a step backwards from the other MF Nikons that I am used to using, the FA, F3 & FE2. Nothing at all wrong with the photographs it took & just a matter of choice.

    Have to ask myself why I keep looking at them on ebay when they are at £10 with no bids & thinking Hmm, should I buy another one?
    David.

    NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    386
    Yup, I think they are the least expensive bodies on the popular auction site
    I did get 2 duds, though... (the three N2000s I got were still cheaper than the cost of one EM)

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    70
    Just bought another one. £12.99 with no bids & a minute left so I decided to give it a new home.
    David.

    NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    Hope you're still enjoying the N2020 you bought from me! Glad to see it's getting used!
    Haha, it's getting used a bit... but I do miss a split image screen
    May pass it along again

  8. #28
    mweintraub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    Haha, it's getting used a bit... but I do miss a split image screen
    May pass it along again
    I still have the N2000 w/ MF-19 haha

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    386
    My N2020 has to fight with an F100, a F2AS (dedicated to my stash of Kodak TMZ right now), an F3P, an N2000 (my "point and shoot" SLR)

    So, for whoever is reading this and is short on a body, I'll GIVE YOU my N2020 which I purchased from mweintraub!

    Send me a PM!

    Also, mweintraub, I also have a non databack for the N2000 I'll send you

  10. #30
    mweintraub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    My N2020 has to fight with an F100, a F2AS (dedicated to my stash of Kodak TMZ right now), an F3P, an N2000 (my "point and shoot" SLR)

    So, for whoever is reading this and is short on a body, I'll GIVE YOU my N2020 which I purchased from mweintraub!

    Send me a PM!

    Also, mweintraub, I also have a non databack for the N2000 I'll send you
    You're starting to sounds like me. *looks at my shelves and sighs*.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin