Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,643   Online: 1037

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    My question was going to be this: Are they out of focus? Or are they blurred from movement.
    Naw their just soft. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The flash freezes the movements, plus the performers don't really move alot per se', small stage and all.

So I think I've got this about figured out, and I appreciate all the responses. Y'all brought up some good points and it made consider other choices that I hadn't thought about. thanks
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Ukrainians make a Jupiter 85mm 2.0 lens which is pretty sharp wide open. It is 42mm and may be mounted on Nikon and Canon with an adapter. I used one with a Nikon adapter.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    If you have a monopod, Vivitar 135mm f2.3 or One of the OEM (soligor I think) 135mm f1.8.
    +1 on the 135mm f/1.8.

It is a generic lens made back during the 70s, seen in a variety of brand names, including Soligor, 5-Star, Samigon, Spiratone, and others.

I've used a couple of these. They're kinda soft wide open, which is to be expected, I suppose, but considering their speed, not bad at all.

I used to see these lenses all the time, back in the late 80s and early 90s. Don't see 'em so much anymore. Just took a look on U.S. eBay, and not a one was listed. Still, if you run across one, chances are it will be within, or close to, your budget.

-- Edit --

I just found one on eBay. The guy's crazy, but at least he has some pics there so you know what it looks like. If you go to flickr.com and search on "spiratone 135mm f/1.8" you'll get hits, and you can get an idea yourself what sort of picture quality you can expect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-135-1-8-Sp...d=p3286.c0.m14

Michael
    Last edited by cooltouch; 09-25-2009 at 03:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin