Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,559   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: First AE-1

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

First AE-1

I just got my first AE-1. Most of what you guys talk about is way over my head, but I can't wait for all the info I can glean from you. Anyone wanna send me lenses or flash, feel free. HAHA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. You chose a fine camera to start off with! I have one myself. You'll learn lots here. Don't worry even the pros had to sart somewhere.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a great camera with excellant lenses, enjoy!

Jeff

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks to all the well-wishers. The seller rated it a "9" so we will see how he does with rating cameras. I'm working with my Holga until I get a lens and things for this one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love my AE-1. I had one when I was 16, it died and then was lost when I moved to college. About a year ago, I went hunting for another one and a friend had one he gave me out of his closet. Mine is the AE-1 Program, but all of them are pretty much identical. Once you get a lens, go burn a couple of rolls of film. It is my opinion that the guys here (myself included) can tell you things over and over, but until you get out and use it, all the advice is purely academic.

Have Fun!

Tommy

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    ...and god have I stuffed my brain with the academics. I've read just about everything I can understand about this camera. MIR.com seems to be a great resource for my skill level.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you need the manual, I do have a PDF of it, would be glad to email it to you.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I think it comes with one. Not sure. Well, I'm off to a gun show with my Holga.

Shooter
    35mm
    What a coincidence. I just bought one too, which is claimed to be in mint condition.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Did you at least get a lens with it? Mint usually comes in a list of 5-8 other words. My seller rated this one a 9 so I hope that's out of 10. Good luck with yours.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin