Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,103   Posts: 1,612,709   Online: 836

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Standard repair for EF at Essex is $130. They did a great job for me on a Canon P.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, looking into Essex and KEH.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Midwest photo repair is good as well. I haven't used them myself but they were highly recommended to me by friends who have used them.

http://www.midwestcamera.com/
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was very disappointed in Essex's service to say the least. I sent my FT3 in for a CLA and had to send it back cause they didn't replace the light leaking foam. How stupid is that? Then I find out later after shelving the camera cause I was shooting other formats that they didn't fix something else that I sent it in for. Naw. Try this guy, he serviced my A1 for half the price and did it right the first time around.
    http://www.garryscamera.com/
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Large Format
    I remember why I hate getting my car repaired by others. Some portion of fixes at even a good, recommended shop will turn out not properly repaired. With a cheap repair, it's not a big deal, but spending $100 on a camera that I could repurchase for $50 just scares me. I will contact Gary too, thanks for the tip about Essex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After reading all these, I'm glad I live in Santiago, Chile and I have a german (Harry Muller) that does my CLA'S for 40 Bucks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Two of the small, recommended shops won't even work on EFs. The big guys will, for $110 or $130, but I've heard conflicting reports about how well they do. I'll probably sell the body, throwing money at a problem is not my method; buying a better working one is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm alive!!

Shooter
    35mm
    I just received a call from KEH repair.

Last Friday, less than a week ago, I sent them two bodies, an FM2 for an overhaul (CLA) and replacement of the light seals, and a FE for a similar CLA and repair of a stiff door latch and VERY stiff DOF preview. They have completed both cameras, and will be shipping them back to me tomorrow AM. The person I spoke with said the DOF was repaired with no additional charges. That is less than one week turn-around time on two bodies, including the initial shipping time. I'm very impressed. Cost was $120 per camera. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive estimate I got either. Definitely quick service. I'll let you all know what they look like when I get them back. So far, I'm totally happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not in the US and can't recommend a repairer, all I can tell you is that I have most of the FD bodys including the F1 and T90, and my EF is my favourite, I had it given a complete service recently and paid far more than I could buy one from an auction site for, but the camera I got back from the repairer I couldn't believe it considering it was made in 1975 it was like new, and as smooth as silk, and was well worth what it cost in the pleasure I get using it and will in the future.
    Ben

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin