Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,211   Online: 883

Shooter
    35mm

Multiple exposures with OM2

Due to my cursed SB-28 flash that refuses to fire half the time, I have a recent need for the ability to fire multiple exposures using my OM2n, and I cannot figure out how it's done. On my pentaxen, one can just push the rewind button and then crank the handle, and it will cock the camera without winding. On this camera, cranking the handle seems to disengage the rewind release.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which OM-2 model? I believe that there were differences for OM-2N and OM-2S program. I know there is instructions for the OM-2S in the camera manual Part B.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's an OM2n
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First, take up any slack using the film rewind knob. While holding tension on the rewind knob, rotate the rewind release lever fully anticlockwise, and hold in that position. Then operate the film advance lever fully in one stroke and allowing the lever to return to its normal position. This allows the camera to cock the shutter without advancing the film. Hope that helped.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    First, take up any slack using the film rewind knob. While holding tension on the rewind knob, rotate the rewind release lever fully anticlockwise, and hold in that position. Then operate the film advance lever fully in one stroke and allowing the lever to return to its normal position.
    Oh, I guess I need to hold that fiddly little rewind knob to keep it from springing back. I guess I wasn't using my 3rd hand very well.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep. I have done it with that camera and it is quite a fiddly operation. Make sure you have a rock-solid tripod.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin