Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,918   Online: 972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I trade

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Should I trade

As I am still new, like a baby's butt to film, I'd like a recomendation from the peanut gallery as to whether I should take this trade. I posted on Craigslist that I've got a gun to get rid of and a guy replied with this,
    AE-1P, 188a & 199a flashes (functioning?), 500mm Canon mirror lens, 70-210 Vivitar Series 1, 35-100mm Canon, 52mm Canon, 28mm Canon, bellows assy, doubler adapter, cable plunger actuator and some other misc accessories. I'll check tomorrow.
    Should this stuff total close to $400(given it works)? Thanks in advance.
    -Chris

"I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People."
    FSM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fireguy,

When I'm interested in a trade or an ebay item I normally try to see what it can be had for at KEH, at "bargain, or on ebay by searching "completed listings" in the advanced search.

http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/Produ...C=&GCC=&KW=ae1
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Sounds like a plan. He says this Canon 500mm is some rare lens. I guess I'll look at these sites to see whats up. Thanks for the new website.
    -Chris

"I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People."
    FSM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just FYI, 500mm f8 lenses are anything but rare. Make a list at KEH and add it up. Sounds a little high overall to me.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I guess I'll need to see everything. Specs, condition, quantity could change a lot.

Should I assume from your statement that the 500mm he is speaking of is a f8?
    -Chris

FSM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Most all of those mirror reflex lens are f/8. I have a 600mm sigma f/8 that fits my nikon gear and they can be had for under $100. Mark's suggestion of pricing the stuff at KEH is a good one.
    Film is so much fun you will really enjoy learning to use it.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I just processed the first roll out of my AV-1 last night. I think those might actually come out.

Oh yeah, about the pricing. I'm horrible, but KEH looks a little higher than Ebay. If I'm looking for prices for this guy, I might go Ebay. Are those mirror lenses worth a damn?
    -Chris

FSM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The AE-1p is a good camera, but they can be had cheaply, and are often in pretty poor condition.
    -Check the light seals and see if there is a shutter squeak-
    None of the equipment listed is really ~special~, so prices vary quite a bit.
    Myself I wouldn't pay over $200 for all of it, and only if it was in really pristine condition.

If the item you are trading is pretty common and not a really desired item, it may be a fair trade. if you have a more desirable item that is likely to go up in value, i'd say no way.

I hope that helps.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Given current market conditions, the canon AE-1p and two canon prime lenses....might be worth $100 even if it is in perfect condition (VERY Unlikely). The rest of the the stuff is mostly junk and certainly not worth much. I'd pass if what you're offering to trade is really valued close to $400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For $400 i'd look for an F1 and a couple prime lenses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin