Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,558   Online: 1023

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    c.w., Now I think I understand what you really want. It's the same thing we all want, unfortunately it hasn't been made yet.

Denis K

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Konica MR.640

Another option: Konica MR.640 35mm Point & Shoot camera. Features Tele/Wide option, weather-proof, Dual Sensor AF, carry case, & neck strap. Makes an excellent back up camera. Battery cells required: 1(one) 6V 2CR5, & 1 (one) 3V CR 2025. These can be found for under $50.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Action Touch is Nikon's waterproof P&S. You have zero manual control, but get a nice 35mm f2.8 and it's waterproof to 10' so no amount of snow would harm it. I've got two, both of which I snagged off the 'Bay for ~$35 each. Work considering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, after some searching and all you guy's help i'm at a sorta at some kind of decision. I'm poking around for one of the numerous 70s scale focus or rangefinder automatics. Something like one of the numerous olympus 35 series, a canonet, yashica electro, minolta hi-matic, or about a hundred other ones. Since i've got a while until the snow really hits hard, i'm just sorta on the lookout for a good deal. If anyone's got something like that they're willing to sell, maybe send a PM?

Thanks for all your help guys. This was definitely a field of cameras i didn't have much experience with and your suggestions were extremely helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience with the Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80 DLX QD is mixed. When I first got it (for $10 mind you) it was great. I always had it on my belt in a pouch. So if I didn't have a TLR or SLR with me, at least I had the Oli.

After a few months, the lens developed a very frustrating sort of flare, indoors & out, that pretty much ruined all of my photos. Here's a quicky scan to show you an example of what I'm talking about:

Now the really confusing thing is that I get this on most of my photos, but not all. The same evening on the same roll of film, I took this image that does not exhibit the problem (and yes, both images were taken with flash):

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Canon Aquasnappy produces great results and is very tough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    My experience with the Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80 DLX QD is mixed. When I first got it (for $10 mind you) it was great. I always had it on my belt in a pouch. So if I didn't have a TLR or SLR with me, at least I had the Oli.

After a few months, the lens developed a very frustrating sort of flare, indoors & out, that pretty much ruined all of my photos. Here's a quicky scan to show you an example of what I'm talking about:
    This is just a guess, but check to see if the clam-shell is not opening completely, or the edge of the clam-shell has become reflective.

Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin