Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,102   Online: 834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yashica T4d banding on negs

hey all,

I seem to have come across a small problem on the negs made by my $2 yashica T4d.

on the side of the frame(well bottom, if shot vertically. I've attached an image.

my only thought would be a reflection of some type on the inside of the camera. would putting some felt on the inside help out any?

I've boosted the contrast and de-saturated it to bring out the line in a better fashion.

I really like the camera (in fact, after my f100, its my favorite 35mm that I own! the tessar lens in it is sharp!!!!

the line is just under my collar(this was a self- portrait for a class assignment btw)

recc's or suggestions would be appreciated, not sure if anyone else has had this problem.

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the film is bulk loaded, I would infer scratches from that process. If original roll, and assuming the felt trap in the cassette was clean, I would suspect a bit of grit on the pressure plate of the camera, or perhaps in the film path someplace.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the things is john, its in the same place on every neg.

I've shot various rolls of film. it wasn't bulk loaded. Kodak gold 200.

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As if a bit of grit were impinging on the length of the film as it is going through the camera (or perhaps the processor)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    naw john, its only in the frame, not anywhere in between. besides, the neg I printed here is in the vertial position(film sprocket holes), so the *scratch* if there were one, would be vertical(length wise/ film sprocket hole sides), rather than horizontal(short side)

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    naw john, its only in the frame, not anywhere in between. besides, the neg I printed here is in the vertial position(film sprocket holes), so the *scratch* if there were one, would be vertical(length wise/ film sprocket hole sides), rather than horizontal(short side)

-Dan
    So those black boxes on the left are sprocket holes? And it has happened on more than one roll of film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [ its only in the frame, not anywhere in between.
    ***** If it is in the frame only, then one must infer it is happening during exposure.
    I don't envision flare producing such a thin, straight line. A light leak only during exposure? Perhaps. I would suggest looking into the camera with the back open in a darkened room--perhaps pointing toward a blank, white computer screen. See if anything untoward shows up along the edge when you click the shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll try it as soon as I get the film shot that's in there right now. I'm on my 3rd test roll. Got some Gold 200 4 packs at my local thrift shop for a buck a pack, expired in 2008, but so far, a little bit of cyan cast, but not bad.

-dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    I'll try it as soon as I get the film shot that's in there right now. I'm on my 3rd test roll. Got some Gold 200 4 packs at my local thrift shop for a buck a pack, expired in 2008, but so far, a little bit of cyan cast, but not bad.

-dan
    Keep us posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    anyone else have any ideas in the mean time?

I really like this camera, but its a pain in the ass having to always crop out the bottom/side of the frame when I want to print...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin