Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,634   Posts: 1,648,090   Online: 901

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    "I bought a used Nikon F5 from them a year and a half ago in "E+" condition. I also bought some lenses from KEH in "BGN" condition. The KEH stuff was in much better shape. I'll be going to KEH for my used stuff from now on."

WOW!! I've ordered a few BGN pieces from KEH in the past, and returned them due to too much wear for my taste. I guess I will not be ordering from Adorama. I actually have purchased quite a bit of new equipment from Adorama over the years, their salesmen were quite rude. I remember back in the mid-90's right in the middle of a $1300 order the salesman telling me to call back as it was his lunch break. I still remember his name, I wonder if he still works there?

The more I read about the F6, the less I think that I need one. My Canon 1V seems to be as good, and costs quite a bit less.

Jared

Shooter
    35mm
    Any other leads? So far I've tried Adorama, B&H, eBay, and KEH. I seem to recall that there are used camera's listed in Shutterbug magazine, is this still so? I imagine one will pop up on eBay sooner or later, or maybe even KEH. Anybody here want to sell one?

Jared

Shooter
    35mm
    I avoid the NYC camera shops (B&H, Adorama, etc.). My experiences with KEH have been better than anywhere else. I use eBay less and less these days. If I were in your position, I would check Amazon or wait until KEH could procure an F6. You may try calling Nikon. In the calls I have made there (I even made one today), I have always been treated kindly. I, too, have been eyeing an F6. The price tag is all that stops me.

PS: The last time I thought about buying an F6 (this week), I not only considered my (limited) purchasing options, but also thought that my ideal purchase would be to buy a new unit that is already modified (or "pre-modified") to accept pre-AI lenses. Seek and you shall find...
    Last edited by FilmOnly; 11-13-2009 at 06:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    Any other leads? So far I've tried Adorama, B&H, eBay, and KEH. I seem to recall that there are used camera's listed in Shutterbug magazine, is this still so? I imagine one will pop up on eBay sooner or later, or maybe even KEH. Anybody here want to sell one?

Jared
    With the lead time involved in publication, what you're looking for is probably loooong gone.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    If not Grays Of Westminister http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/ have a couple of 2nd hand in stock.
    They not have it new?

Shooter
    35mm
    "They not have it new?"

Sure they do, three to be exact. And two mint- bodies. I contacted Grays, and they notified me that they do not charge VAT on second hand cameras. Shipping to the U.S. would be around 75 pounds, or around $125. I tried to calculate U.S. customs duty, but their site is a quagmire of information. It mentioned that some items purchased may not have any duty if valued under $2,000, or at least that is the way that I interpreted it. I believe that ordering from Grays would very expensive, so I will wait and see what I can find here in the U.S.

They had 5-6 six F6's when I started this thread, now only 2! Nobody can keep these things in stock, they seem to sell like hot-cakes. You'd think that Nikon would keep making them if they sell that well.

Jared

Shooter
    35mm
    Try ebay Germany and ebay United Kingdom, F6 surface now and then. But as you probably know, the F6 was produced in a small number (unlike the F3, F4, F5) hence harder to find than the previous Fs.
    Good luck,

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I don't trust Adorama's ratings on used equipment

Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    I found one with the MB-40 grip Adorama.com in condition E. Has anyone here ever purchased a used camera from Adorama? From Adorama's description of condition E, it sounds like it is not in quite the condition I was hoping for.

Jared
    I bought a used Minolta lens from Adorama described as "Excellent". It was "Ugly" by KEH's rating. Adorama did take it back for a full refund, however. Adorama over-rates their used stuff, IMHO.

Hi I have an F6 with MB40 and Kirk L bracket that I was about to put on E Bay owend from new about 75 films through it all boxed and close to mint its a UK camera so same repair problems as buying from Grays but considerbly cheaper looking for around £1000 plus postage send my your Email address and I can Send you some images

Regards Keith

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You should visit Japan some time, the F5 and F6 are much less expensive here (used). The shop down the street has a mint F6 with instructions and such (but no box) for 100,000 yen (or $1000). They also have a 24-70/2.8 AF-S lens (in it's original box) to go with it for an additional $1000. If that isn't enough for you, they also have a 70-200/2.8 AF-S mint, and in the box for only $1300.

It looks the the F5 will seen be hitting the sub-$300 barrier here soon. For function and value I would take the F5 over the F6, but for being a more compact/full featured shooter, the F6 is a great camera.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin