Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,325   Online: 965

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You should visit Japan some time, the F5 and F6 are much less expensive here (used). The shop down the street has a mint F6 with instructions and such (but no box) for 100,000 yen (or $1000). They also have a 24-70/2.8 AF-S lens (in it's original box) to go with it for an additional $1000. If that isn't enough for you, they also have a 70-200/2.8 AF-S mint, and in the box for only $1300.

It looks the the F5 will seen be hitting the sub-$300 barrier here soon. For function and value I would take the F5 over the F6, but for being a more compact/full featured shooter, the F6 is a great camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sangetsu View Post
    You should visit Japan some time, the F5 and F6 are much less expensive here (used). The shop down the street has a mint F6 with instructions and such (but no box) for 100,000 yen (or $1000). They also have a 24-70/2.8 AF-S lens (in it's original box) to go with it for an additional $1000. If that isn't enough for you, they also have a 70-200/2.8 AF-S mint, and in the box for only $1300.
    Hi,

can you give us some links - there is a chance I will visit Japan next year. What about prices of F and F2?

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    "You should visit Japan some time, the F5 and F6 are much less expensive here (used)."

Are there any good Japanese online places like Grays of Westminster? For some reason it seems like every F6 that I find is in Europe, there do not seem to be many for sale in the U.S.

Jared

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey, I found this F6 at MAP camera in Tokyo.

http://www.mapcamera.com/sho/search....82346&class=03

Too bad I can't read Japanese. It looks like it cost 98,000 yen, which according to my calculations is about $1,098. That is the cheapest I have seen by a mile. I'm assuming that they won't ship to the U.S., due to their entire site being in Japanese.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    Too bad I can't read Japanese.
    For this - use Rikaichan plugin for firefox

Shooter
    35mm
    I called Nikon, and they stated that the F6 is still in production. I asked about the mount modification for non-AI lenses. They no longer perform this modification. For me, this makes the F6 much less appealing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
    Hey, I found this F6 at MAP camera in Tokyo.

http://www.mapcamera.com/sho/search....82346&class=03

Too bad I can't read Japanese. It looks like it cost 98,000 yen, which according to my calculations is about $1,098. That is the cheapest I have seen by a mile. I'm assuming that they won't ship to the U.S., due to their entire site being in Japanese.

Jared
    Map will ship anywhere, and they accept credit cards. EMS worldwide shipping is fast, usually 4 or 5 days. The only hard part is being able to navigate their site without knowing Japanese. If you have the google toolbar, you can translate Japanese into English (more or less). Your best bet is to send an inquiry by email, or to contact them by phone. Most Japanese speak at least a little English, so you should be able to find someone there who can help you with your purchase.

Used camera gear is often much cheaper in Japan than it is elsewhere in the world, and nowhere in the world has as much selection to choose from.

Shooter
    35mm
    UPDATE. I found an F6 this morning on B&H Photo's used webpage. It was rated a condition 9, which gave me pause. I really want a nice one. So I had a live chat with a saleman, he went an pulled the camera and described it for me. He said that in his opinion that the camera should have been rated a 9+ or mint, as it looked very nice. I asked him about any scratches etc.. and he said the only thing that he could see was a 1.5mm scratch on the top LCD. So I pulled the trigger. I've never bought used from B&H; I usually use KEH, but they never seem to have F6's. As long as it's in KEH EX+ grade I will be happy.

Anybody here ever buy a used camera from B&H?

Jared

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin