Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,538   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for a Nikon F6?

Anybody here know where to get one? I am looking for a mint copy with the box. I know that B&H has them new, but new is out of my budget. I've looked on eBay, and KEH, neither of those sources has one right now.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you looking to buy only from the States?

If not Grays Of Westminister http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/ have a couple of 2nd hand in stock.

They will send to the US from UK think someone else on here bought from them this last week
    Stack of 35mm stuff, some 120 stuff and lots of other junk to make it work

Keep it simple. ~ Alfred Eisenstaedt

Shooter
    35mm
    I've sent Grays an e-mail regarding ordering internationally from them. We'll see what they say.

In the meantime, any other leads?

Jared

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The problem with buying one from out of the country is Nikon USA will not repair non Nikon USA serialed products. So even though the camera would not have a warranty anyway, any future repair or CLA would have to be sent out of the country, or at best, perhaps an authorized repair center, but I am not sure if they will work on imported products either.

Shooter
    35mm
    I found one with the MB-40 grip Adorama.com in condition E. Has anyone here ever purchased a used camera from Adorama? From Adorama's description of condition E, it sounds like it is not in quite the condition I was hoping for.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've only ordered one item from Adorama's used dept. The grading is definitely not in line with KEH. KEH's BGN = Adorama's EX sort of thing

Shooter
    35mm
    "I've only ordered one item from Adorama's used dept. The grading is definitely not in line with KEH. KEH's BGN = Adorama's EX sort of thing"

Yeah, that is what I have read also. I think that I will steer clear of them. The more I look for one of these, the more I think that I will just stick with my EOS-1V. The F6 cost so much, and from what I have read, does not seem to offer anything more really. But for some reason I still want an F6 LOL.

Jared

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    I've only ordered one item from Adorama's used dept. The grading is definitely not in line with KEH. KEH's BGN = Adorama's EX sort of thing
    My sense from a number of relatively recent posts here is that Adorama has made positive changes to their used equipment department. In addition, they have actually started posting here regularly (Helen Oster) and seem to be both willing to acknowledge past problems, and motivated to both prevent new problems and correct any that may happen

It may be worthwhile to look at them again.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There is one in my local shop, with box in basically new condition for 1600. I've checked it out and its very nice, and the price is pretty good too. Let me know, I'm in Hawaii.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a used Nikon F5 from them a year and a half ago in "E+" condition. I also bought some lenses from KEH in "BGN" condition. The KEH stuff was in much better shape. I'll be going to KEH for my used stuff from now on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin