Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,073   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

How to fix an Asashi mount K on an Olympus OM10 ?

Good morning everybody,

I don't know if a thread already exists but i did'nt find it.

So everything is in the title

I've got my OM 10 and a lens asashi wich i put on my pentax K10d. I'm very happy of the quality of the asashi and i want to try it on my OM 10.

So with all the references that i can find i'm a little bit lost... Wich model of adaptator i have to choose to put my asashi on my olympus ?

And, what i didn't find sopmething clear about my asashi, is it a K mount or a M42 mount ?

Thanks in advance for your help

++

Oscura°°

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will preface that I know nothing about your specific situation, however I will note that not all body/lens/adapter combinations are possible. For example, there are adapters to put Nikon glass on Canon AF bodies. This works because the Canon lens mount is spaced closer to the film plane than Nikon, so the thickness of the adapter allows proper focus from minimum to infinity. The opposite would not work as you would only be able to focus about 1/2 way to infinity.

You may want to start with trying to get a rough guess on the distance from the lens mount to the film plane to see if this is even possible first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IIRC the OM10 is one of many similar cameras made by Cosina.

They also made many with a K mount, under several brand names (Ricoh? Chinon? etc...)

If you pick up one of those, you will in effect have an OM10 with a K mount (and probably cheaper to buy than a new adapter, if one even exists)...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    IIRC the OM10 is one of many similar cameras made by Cosina.

They also made many with a K mount, under several brand names (Ricoh? Chinon? etc...)

If you pick up one of those, you will in effect have an OM10 with a K mount (and probably cheaper to buy than a new adapter, if one even exists)...
    The OM10 was made by Olympus, and has no real similarity to any Cosina made bodies.

The final Olympus OM body (the OM2000) was made by Cosina.

I would be very surprised to learn that an adapter exists to permit mounting a K mount lens on an Olympus body, but I guess it is possible.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good morning everybody and thank you for your help.

All of three have probably reason. Anyway, i ve got also a chinon from my gran father. Exactly a CM4
    And i can fix my asashi on it so the chinon is mount K.

But, it s'impossible for me to install a 35mm roll film. I can t explain why and i m not at home now so, on monday morning i will post here some photos to show you exactly what i mean.

So i cannot use my asashi, it s'very goo so... Do somebody now a very good lens for my olympus, now i have a 28 lens from tamron on it and , sorry mr tamron but the quality is not there...

Ok so thank you for your help.

I will continue to search and come back as soon as possible to show you some photos of the cm4

Thks

++

Oscura••

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lenses for Olympus are plenty and cheap: 50mm f/1.4, to start with.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    On a similar vain, did Olympus ever made a M42 lens to OM adapter? Olympus made the M42 FTL before the OM, suppose they made an adapter for the existing customers like when they transitioned to 4/3?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some design goals of the Olympus OM System were to keep all parts of the system small and light. To keep lenses smaller and lighter, the lens mount is smaller than a Nikon or Cannon from the 1970's. That is why it is easy to adapt a OM lens to so many different types of camera, but it will be impossible to make an adapter to put other mount lenses on an OM System camera a keep infinity focus.

Shooter
    Large Format
    According to Willem-Jan Markerink's table of camera mount registers, the K-mount has a register of 45.46mm but the OM mount has a register of 46.00mm. There's no way to put a K-mount lens on an OM-mount camera and still focus to infinity.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good morning everybody,

First of all, thanks for your replies. Now i understand and , my OM has a OM mount.

So, i'm looking for a very good lens for my OM10 and, in my dream if i can found a "pancake" lens in 28mm or 50mm it could be perfect. I'm completely in love with my camera, she is too small and i can go everywhere totake pictures with. I travel a lot with my job and last time in Tanzania i took my big & heavy DSRL. Now i'm turning completely in analog photo (just keep a small digital for works'photos) and if i can found a small & sharp lens for my OM it could be perfect for me to take it always with me.

If somebody could suggest to me a good lens because i didn't know excatly what exists (i'm a young man )

Thanks in advance

All the best

Oscura°°

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin