Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,495   Online: 997

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon CPU lens question

I bought my wife a N75, but the pop-up flash has never worked. Recently she was reading the manual and said that the manual says the built-in flash only works with CPU-lenses. The lens I have is an old 50/1.4 AF Nikkor. The camera pops the flash up and charges it but fails to fire; if it was a matter of incompatibility I would hope the camera would fail more gracefully. Do I need to get a different lens for the flash to work, and if so, what kind?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any AF Nikkor is a CPU lens far as I know. Do you have no other Nikon lenses that can even be borrowed to try?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an N75. Yes it needs a lens with a CPU. However, even with a CPU lens the flash will NOT pop up in the Program Mode [P], which I use so that it does not pop up. With a CPU lens it will pop up in the AUTO mode when it thinks the scene is dark enough.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CPU lens has electrical contacts on the plastic part of the mount. I think, some earlier auto focus lens were purely mechanical in lens that they weren't considered cpu lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think you could use an AF-D lens or an AI-S lens to get flash information to your N75. I think the real issue is the flash feedback from the lens CPU. The lens you need will have five electrical contacts (little bumps) on the mount end of the lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ALL AF-Nikkors, even the old ones, have the CPU.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin