Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,961   Online: 922

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good lens. Here's my favorite shot with my 85 f2 AIS.

My only problem with the lens is that at the wrong distance, the bokeh is extremely nervous.

i.e. here

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm liking both images.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm

85/2 AI Nikkor

I have the 85/2 AI Nikkor and I like it. At greater than portrait distances it is quite sharp even wide open. I don't like the look of a portrait with too little depth of field. The speed of the 85/2 is more for ease of focusing for me. It's decent enough at f/2 even close up and very good at f/2.8. If the light is better I will use a 105/2.5. I like both versions of this lens.

I have the 85 1.8 AF and 85 2.0 MF. optical performance is the same for both, but evidently there are some bad 2.0 ones out there. I can`t complain about mine and they are the same as the three 105 2.5`s, 135 2.8 and 3.5. So maybe I have a better than average sample, I don`t know.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Was this still based on the Carl Zeiss Sonnar (f/2.0 85mm)? I know that Nikon's early lenses were based on Zeiss designs, but I don't know if the design was changed after that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have heard that the 85mm F2 can be prone to getting oil on the blades. Don;t have one, but am on the hunt for one to fill a gap in my lineup of primes. Have seen some lovely images from them posted online.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin