Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,466   Online: 831

Thread: canon/sigma

Shooter
    35mm
    i have a canon eos 30 and a canon 500n - i have attempted to buy a sigma 17-35m f2.8-4 ex lens to add to my kit as i thought it would be, as advertised, compatible with the canon bodies- not the case! - autofocus just wont operate - anyone any idea why?
    regards
    mic warmington

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mic, not trying to be rude..but have you verified that the lens is in autofous mode and not manual mode. If so, take one of your bodies to shop that has the lens and check to see how that lens..could be that you just got a bad lens.

Good luck.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    mic, not trying to be rude..but have you verified that the lens is in autofous mode and not manual mode. If so, take one of your bodies to shop that has the lens and check to see how that lens..could be that you just got a bad lens.

Good luck.
    thanks for reply - 2 different lenses tried in two different shops with two different sets of assistants with everything checked - no joy - one assistant mentioned i might need another "chip" fitted - dont see why - again, any ideas????
    mic

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin