Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,455   Posts: 1,597,284   Online: 1289

Thread: Hektor on Zenit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Hektor on Zenit

Can I use Leitz Screwmount lenses on Screwmount Russian Zenit ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is one of the ones with the 39mm mount you can mount the lens, but it will only focus pretty close, i've used my elmar on my zenit 3m as a macro lens.

Hope this helps,

Rob
    Currently shooting: KMZ Horizont and Minox B

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rob , Was your elmar 50 mm or more ? I love Hektor is very cheap but 90 mm. What happens with a 90 mm Hektor on Zenit ? Does it magnify too much and work as macro or worse ?

Thanks ,
    Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Rob , Was your elmar 50 mm or more ? I love Hektor is very cheap but 90 mm. What happens with a 90 mm Hektor on Zenit ? Does it magnify too much and work as macro or worse ?
    They have different lens to film lengths.
    The Zenit, being a single lens reflex, needs to leave room for the mirror to move between the lens and the film.
    The M39 Leica thread mount (LTM) lenses are designed to come much closer to the film plane since they don't have to clear a mirror.
    The M39 lesnes for the Zenit are few (and fairly rare - all Soviet I think) and were designed specifically for the Zenit: Most M39 lenses are for rangefinders and on the Zenit will only allow focussing very close.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin