Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,291   Online: 894

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've experienced said dreaded Canon Shutter Sqeak Syndrom for years.

Although I worried it would be debilitating, it still functions just fine.

I may have to sometimes explain myself to the ladies why I happen to squeak.

Might not be worth the trouble in repair costs. Good camera tho, with or without it.
    I brake for fixer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an A-1 with the sound. Haven't done a thing about it for years. Not a problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    Knowing it is a lubrication issue, I can't imagine just leaving it be. I makes me cringe everytime I hear it. I feel for the camera.....

MolBasser
    If you don't eat a hotdog, the terrorists win.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What you're losing with the squeak is speed. Not much though.
    Since the squeak is from dry gearing, the gear train is running just a bit slower than it should. Since the shutter is actually released by the mirror when it reaches the top of it's travel, slower means later.
    Most of the time it doesn't mean anything, but if you shoot sports or other fast action it can mean missing the shot.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    The sound represents frictional damage to the camera. I'm not willing to let it go for any length of time, as I would rather not damage the camera any more.

MolBasser
    If you don't eat a hotdog, the terrorists win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin