Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,878   Online: 894

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    GMA,

I think it comes down to whether the supplier of the product seen in the movie/television show actually supplied or paid for the product's appearance. For instance, in "CSI" all the cameras had their brand names taped over.

Funny that in an earlier season of "Miracles" IIRC, the opening credit features a picture of a Pentacon Six (or Praktisix) without any disguise.

Well, I just put some black tape on my 8x10 monorail, makes it look inconspicuous as hell. Stand by for a bunch of street photography postings using this setup.

Actually, some of the anodization (SP?) was being rubbed off the standard, based on the way I carry equipment in a bag, and I'm trying to protect the standard. However I immediately thought of this thread and had to post... I've actually black taped a camera after all these years!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    Well, I just put some black tape on my 8x10 monorail, makes it look inconspicuous as hell. Stand by for a bunch of street photography postings using this setup.
    lol!

i read this and pictured someone dressed up much like the Hamburgler from McDonalds with an 8x10 on a tripod yelling "GOTCHA!" as he took pictures. The people jump in suprise as they didn't even realize he was there... i should make a short film of this, haha!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i think i am pretty slick when i am using my F5 - 70-200mm/2.8 + sb-25..

same applies to my 8x10 camera too..also 8x10 is a wood field so i blend in with the nature anyways....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can also be inconspicuous indirectly, e.g.:

or

which were made using a wireless remote flash controller. My lovely assistant Gary stood off to one side, while my camera had the controller on the hotshoe. People who noticed anyone usually noticed him, since he was the one emitting bright lights.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Blacked out...hmmm

Since I've got a Japanese model, I think I'll do what the kids do to their Hondas around here....and CHROME IT UP!

Yeah, that's it...I'll have the whole camera outfit chromed so that it attracts as much attention as possible. Maybe I'll eve put a some sort of neon lighting around it.

...Nah, that might interfere with the actual picture taking.

Sorry. Got lost in a youthful moment there...

As old as it is, my camera's never out of my sight, when out and about. Even when not on my hands, it (and the lenses) is in a non descript back pack (Not a Low Pro) and it never leaves my sight.
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Last time anybody noticed one of my cameras was two yeas ago At Shelburn Vt., while I was taking pictures of some restored buildings; using a Yashica TLR. The lady asked about the camera and when I explained the camera and it's age and how I obtained it ( E-Bay) and why I wasn't using a digital picture maker, she was mystified as to why anybody would do as I have done. O well whatever makes you happy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well since we've kicked this one off again ...

Last night I was out with the wooden LF. Had the 4x4 backed up against a wire fence with the boot open so I could access the gear easily. Our local museum has beautiful old brick buildings with pretty good lighting at night and I thought it was worth a crack at. So with camera on the oversized tripod, on the end of the extension bar with the lens right against the wire fence, I was concentrating on the ground glass under the focussing cloth.
    Suddenly there was barking under my feet so loud all the old steam engines came and looked out the museum windows, and I nearly broke my nice new fresnel lens with my nose. The security guard says WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Well, thinking offense was the best form of defense I said TRYING TO TAKE A PHOTO ......... AND YOU'RE IN THE WAY!
    He says (quieter) "What of?" .......
    I said "That building over there" (where the camera was pointing directly :rolleyes: !
    He says "Oh" ... "Sorry"....."I thought you were trying to cut through the fence with some special equipment or something".

Come to think of it noew, some huge big Nikon signage right on the front would have been quite useful

Images
    Thats one of thos situations when clown makeup would've been the ticket! Just think of the look on his face when you came out from the darkcloth looking like bozo hehe
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOLLLL - nice one. .......

I might go back just to try it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin