Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,809   Online: 1033

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    or go naked and say you're doing nude photography!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Ha ha ha - call me wimp, but it was less than 40degF last night (which is cold, otherwise I would for sure).

Edit: Hope Dave realises we're resurrecting old posts in his honour(?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey!!! WAIT A MINUTE...!!!

I originated that ....

Oh, well. You all have my permission to use that (like you needed my permission in the first place).

Good to see you again, Aggie.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tried that already - got arrested for being ugly in public
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Inconspicuousness is over-rated

(Pic of my buddy Johnny at the Toronto Beaches Easter parade, scammed from Luke Tymowski)

Persoanally I think black tape over the logo is decorative, rather than the opposite. I've been thing of putting Subaru STi logos on my blank lens caps (already prefer using Nikon caps on my 52mm canon lenses, which occasionally draws stares... but they're better caps!)
    In this shot the only black tape that's needed is on whatever the red thing the girl in the foreground is holding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that I really ought to black out the name on my new RF; it's a bright red FED 5V...
    I don't understand why, but when I use it people just point and laugh

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    I think that I really ought to black out the name on my new RF; it's a bright red FED 5V...
    I don't understand why, but when I use it people just point and laugh

Kent
    Don't worry Kent, that happens regardless of which camera I use in the street

Go on post a picci here of your red beastie, everyone will love it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    boy, now this is interesting, I have been shooting for over 20 now and have shot all over the world, and really never even thought about blacking my cameras out?

Some time the simplest things are the hardest to grasp..

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    When doing street work with my Leica I used to black out the red logos... It was a relatively small camera and in doing that I thought it might reduce the flack one sometimes gets as a 'professional' shooter... It doesn't fool those who are aware, but any help in being at little less conspicious is worth the effort for me... I also felt it might attract a bit less attention from those thieves that judge the camera's worth by size and/or name...

If one has a large amount of gear, (multiple cameras, motor drives, long lenses, big camera bags, etc.), I don't think covering the logos for the reasons above would help...

It also grates a bit on me that we end up being walking working bill boards for those we buy gear from for free... and many times we can't include any of their gear in our commercial and advertising work without written permission...
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ceratto
    It also grates a bit on me that we end up being walking working bill boards for those we buy gear from for free... and many times we can't include any of their gear in our commercial and advertising work without written permission...
    I don't know, I just have never thought about it that way, I could care less what is in my hands, I am there to make the shot, and beings I paid for it, I have no desire to promote of demote their equipment, they have a job, that is to make gear I can shoot with, I have a job, that is to make the image, I have never found it to be a benefit or a liability because I shoot certain equipment..

Dave

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin