Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,359   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are excellent cameras. I have 2. Both with the Tessar f/2.8 I also have the Pro-Tessar 85mm f/4. They are built like tanks. They take beautiful pictures
    The Mirror remains up until you roll the film again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Algarrobo-Chile:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

yes

I picked up a mint contaflex with the 45mm tessar lens for $30 with the add-on 75mm converter. Call me stupid but I had mine cleaned becasue of a sticky shutter and yes it was about 4 times what I paid for it. BUT I love it......it feels good in my hands operates flawlessly and the lens is beyond reproach. I had read other threads claiming that the tessar quality was on par with 70's era nikon stuff.....I have an F3 with 35,85 and 135mm lenses and wish any of them was as sharp and contrasty as the tessar on my contaflex. Mindd you this is with black and white film color may be a different matter.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlamarsh View Post
    I picked up a mint contaflex with the 45mm tessar lens for $30 with the add-on 75mm converter. Call me stupid but I had mine cleaned becasue of a sticky shutter and yes it was about 4 times what I paid for it. BUT I love it......it feels good in my hands operates flawlessly and the lens is beyond reproach. I had read other threads claiming that the tessar quality was on par with 70's era nikon stuff.....I have an F3 with 35,85 and 135mm lenses and wish any of them was as sharp and contrasty as the tessar on my contaflex. Mindd you this is with black and white film color may be a different matter.
    Who cleaned it?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I received an Exakta from someone in a "must CLA", but clean condition, and started searching the line to bring me up to speed. There were other bodies that I would have preferred to spend my money on instead and they were in usable condition. In the end I gladly sold it with some nice accessories. It just came down to too many cameras and an unwillingness to sink good cash into an object I probably wouldn't shoot anymore then the rest of the drawer dwellers that were miles ahead in terms of giving better results. My feeling is that there are just some cameras that will tug at your heart strings, as evidenced by the scores of threads I've read, and it's better to invest in something that you like then the new kid on the block. I say shine it and shelf it if you must and send a check to the food bank instead.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I love mostly triplet lenses. Rollei produced tens of years of its history with Zeiss Triotar and it is the best BW lens I have ever seen. People think few things ,
    Old lenses have lower contrast
    Triple element lenses are not good and needed to be stopped down
    You mustnt buy above german , american cameras but a toyota.
    These are all wrong , Competition was very hot at these days and people were testing them like a crazy and photograph magazines were thick like a brick.
    Try to find the production date of the camera and than find the same years photography almanacs from that year. You will find extremelly good compositions and best prints at there.
    Try to see the good and different - not bad - points of the camera and train your eyes.
    People love Leicas because it speaks to eye. I always bought my Leicas , Rolleis without asking the people but tracking the old magazines , journals , almanacs.
    If contax made it , there might be a reason.
    If your search is too strange to your view , than put the camera somewhere. Do not sell it , one day you will remember it when you changed your view.

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it were mine, I'd take it apart enough to flush out the shutter with lighter fluid and see what happens.....but then I like to take things apart (: I have a Contaflex Super with the Tessar and it is a really impressive camera. It just feels like an incredible piece of engineering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin