Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,667   Online: 691

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I own both & see the only reason to pick the FE2 over the F3 is for flash. I prefer the 80/20 metering pattern (find it very accurate & hard to fool) & the LCD display of the F3 to the needle of the FE2. Also think that the F3 handles a lot better when shooting. Prefer the film advance & the positions & operations of the DOF preview and the exposure lock. If I had to part with one, the F3 would be the keeper. Like the F3 so much that I picked up a 2nd one recently. Also, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, maybe think about the FA as well? Have an FA with an MD-15 & really like it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Get a FM3a!!! Simple!!
    Nikon user

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" Optimus Prime

Shooter
    35mm
    The self timer on the FE-2 activates the mirror lock-up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't you guys get it? With Nikon you cain't get just one. I have 12 and it's not enough!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron Kid View Post
    The self timer on the FE-2 activates the mirror lock-up.
    :o
    Mirror Lock has to occur under the control of the user, not the timer. For some lens, the mirror has to be up in order to mount the lens.

Mirror Lock means it stays ups as long as you want and will not return to the down position. It also means you trip the shutter anytime and as many times as you want. You can even use your motor drive for rapid exposure, all while the mirror is locked up.

I don't think that is what you are describing is it? :rolleyes:
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How good are your eyes, Michael? I have both an F3HP and an FE2 and I would pick up the FE2 every time unless I needed one of the F3 features such as interchangeable viewfinders or true mirror lock-up. Why? Firstly because my eyesight is not 20/20 any more, and secondly because I find the match-needle system on the FE2 much easier to see than the unlit LCD characters in the F3 viewfinder.

Cheers, Peter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Collector View Post
    Don't you guys get it? With Nikon you cain't get just one. I have 12 and it's not enough!!!!!

This is so true!!
    Buy Both, while your at it Don't forget the FA, FM2n & FM3a!!!
    Nikon user

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" Optimus Prime

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RMP-NikonPro View Post
    This is so true!!
    Buy Both, while your at it Don't forget the FA, FM2n & FM3a!!!
    Forget the FA. When the main board goes bad (and it will) next to impossible to find new one and more expensive than getting another entire FA rig.

Shooter
    35mm
    I often need flash or fill-flash capabilities outdoors, and I would be severly handicapped without the 1/250'th flash sync on the FE-2. The F3's flash capabilities would kill me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was only +23F (-5C) today. The wife and I went for a little hike up a nice rocky canyon we have nearby. I took my Nikon F3HP. In the warmth of the house the battery looked fine but just the little bit of cold brought the battery down below a threshold and the F3 was dead as a hammer. Of course I hadn't the common sense to bring another battery. (Yes I know it works at a 90 sec. without a battery)

I'm more and more inclined to take my F2 nowadays when I want reliability, battery independence and a good solid working camera. Continually depending on batteries is becoming an irritant. Even the Wife's Canon G10 was showing it needed a recharge. So I have another idea.

Forget the F3, forget the Fe-2. Get a nice F2, or FM2 and find a good hand held light meter just in case.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin