Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,188   Online: 946

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't afford an FM3a. And funds for the purchase won't be available until after the first of the month anyway.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I have both the F3HP (two bodies) and an FE2, all bought new and all worked quite hard.

In a nutshell, the F3 is so smooth to use that when I do use the FE2, it's like driving a very old car............
    I've also owned and used both cameras. The F3 was so much nicer that I sold the FE2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Own 2 F3HPs and 1 FE2. I'd take the FE2 any day over the F3HP.

It is so far my favorite 35mm camera I've ever shot for what it is. And I've shot a few. I like that it's smaller, lighter, and I like the sensitivity of the shutter release compared to the F3, lighter and tinnier. Even prefer the lighter feeling film advance.

In a word, I like that the FE2 feels cheaper, it then becomes less camera btwn the shot and I. Good.

Major disadvantage is the non-%100 viewfinder, which can be a big deal for me. But if it is that kind of shoot, I'd probably just use an F5 or F6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Left-eyed shooters sometimes have a problem with the FE/2 and FM/2 film advance lever (wihich has to be in the stand-off position to unlock the shutter button), poking us in the eye.
    Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Left-eyed shooters sometimes have a problem with the FE/2 and FM/2 film advance lever (wihich has to be in the stand-off position to unlock the shutter button), poking us in the eye.
    MD-12 works well for fixing that. At least, in the case of the older mechanical Nikon bodies (except for late model FM's), you can meter with them, then turn off the meter and still take a photo.

In any case, definitely consider the BGN bodies. Maybe also pick up a couple BGN grade 50mm lenses to work as "body caps" that can be used to take photos with.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    I've heard that before, but being a lefty,it's never bothered or hindered me.

KK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have put up with it, with the FM2 and FE2 I used to have, but it's nice not to have to do so with my F3's.
    Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    The F3! For one simple reason. 100% viewfinder....

Shooter
    35mm
    FE-2. 1/250 flash sync.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I wonder what photographers did before the higher speeds were available on SLR's, shoot with between lens cameras like a TLR? I ask this just for educational purposes, not to find fault with your need of the higher speed.
    I think the duration of the old flashes were much longer, so it didn't matter as much. You didn't have to synchronize the shutter being open all the way with the burst of flash. The flash lasted much longer than the shutter speed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin