Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,089   Online: 732

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Olympus mju-ii(Olympus Stylus Epic)

just bought this compact and lightweight PnS camera at a very good price from my friend.i'm planning to use this camera as a backup and when i want to travel light.
    the problem is,i can't set the ISO manually,the ISO is DX coded.Can i DIY the DX coded at the film cartridge by something like sticker,etc..?
    sorry if i'm asking a silly question,really hope that i can solve this problem.
    i would like to push Trix to 800 or 1600 with this little camera,but with the DX coding,it's impossible to do it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes you can and unfortunately it is the only way. The mju is in many ways too automatic with no overrides. It was really meant for "snappers" who had no ambition or probably knowledge about ISO/Els.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Also the camera has only 4 DX sensors rather than the normal 6 which means it only 'reads' full stop speeds: 25,50,100,200,400,800,1600,3200. Some info on this at the bottom of this page: http://photo.net/equipment/olympus/mjuII
    Steve.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Fundamentally a nice camera, about as compact as you can get for a 35mm and truly shirt-pocketable. My main gripe was that after about a year mine began letting light in somewhere around the viewfinder. When it started it only affected the area of the film perfs but latterly extended into the frame area. My next experiment will be to run a film through with a strip of light proof tape along the top edge of the door. The DX stickers work fine. I've had to use them as I load film from bulk stock.
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    My Mju is also letting in light, it just started happening on the last roll. At first I thought it might be the little film window as the plastic recently got pushed in a little. I've put tape over it and I'm waiting to see what the results will be on my next roll. This is the third Mju I've had, I think they're great.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the replies
    my mju-ii is champagne/gold colour with quartz date,is it possible for me to turn off the date function while shooting?i don't need the date function for my photo.
    i'm going to get the battery for this camera tomorrow and load Trix 400,can't wait any longer

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Yes, you can turn it off. I believe you push it until the display is all dashes.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the same one, after previously having the MUCH COOLER ( ) plain black one for 7 years. You definitely don't have to use the date function.

I have unfortunately not gotten around to using DX stickers myself, but overall it's a fairly capable camera in many ways. I love mine. I use the Trip 35 when I want a few more features (meaning control over ISO and focus), I use the Epic when I want flash & light weight (mainly for parties, but because it's so light sometimes I just toss it in my work bag every day until I finish a roll).

This is a summing-up I wrote about the Epic a few weeks ago:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootf...57623098141544
    Last edited by naugastyle; 01-19-2010 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You can use a sharper and a knife to change the DX coding. Just color in squares with the sharpie where you want them, and scrape the paint off (or sand it off) where you don't want it. You could also use tape instead of the sharpie.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    You can use a sharper and a knife to change the DX coding. Just color in squares with the sharpie where you want them, and scrape the paint off (or sand it off) where you don't want it. You could also use tape instead of the sharpie.
    i would like to change the DX from 400 to 800,how to modify the DX code for the 400 using sharpie/knife?is there any URL about the DX coded reference?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin