Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,281   Posts: 1,534,895   Online: 844

View Poll Results: Black or Chrome?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK

100 63.29%
  • CHROME

58 36.71%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ooh! Shiny...

Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Black has always been my preference.
    All my Canon's (A1, AE1-Program, F1) have been black; my EOS system followed suit - although it doesn't actually come in any other colour, so I'd be stuck if I really loved chrome!
    See, I do love chrome, and therefore am kind of sad my A-1 only comes in black. I think all-black cameras are dull and boring, especially the awful amorphous blobs everyone is saddled with these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    There is the whole debate over which is better as far as reflecting heat(chrome) vs attracting and holding heat(black) and is it myth or fact. I remember reading an article about that back in the 80's as to why most camera manufacturers went to all black. It is purely a marketing ploy, and cheaper to make an all black unit, and label it a"professional" model. I believe this was due to the popularity of the Nikon F series, and not everybody could afford one, plus it gave the illusion your camera was just as good as the Nikon.
    Thanks for that. It will be useful ammunition for when I feel like being ornery about camera aesthetics (it happens).

It is kind of interesting though to trace the design trends through camera history. We started with wood and brass, generally transitioning to black and chrome, and now we're in the age of all-black. Obviously the majority prefers the all-black thing, and lots of people still go (ardently) for the wood and brass thing, but for me it'll always be the classic black and chrome. The original Star Trek, as it were.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin