Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,276   Online: 778

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I may be wrong, but I thought the o-ring kits for all but the latest Nikonos were discontinued. At one time the IVa kit came with all of the rings. The round ones can easily be matched at a good plumbing shop, and the grease is a generic silicone grease... which also can be foiund at plumbing shops. The grease is just as important as the o-rings for sealing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had a nikonos ii since the 70s, it has seen saltwater and freshwater often all this time and all the rings are still fine. No leaks at all, ever. Everyone is free to freak about issues with the rings or just using it till there is a real reason to start worrying.

About the ring kits, I have seen them often for various models is that place you all know.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    That still leaves about 15 to measure, source and replace.
    The V has a lot of moving parts, and more potential leaks, but I won't care much of factory sealed parts and will do it a little more with the back, flash and battery: the user ones. I would really worry if the depth of dives are deeper than 10 meters.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    35mm
    My wife's aunt is a former dive master, she made a living for some twenty years in Belize, taking tourists out on cruises, and teaching snorkeling and SCUBA (what a lifestyle that must have been!). She gave me her Nikonos V last Christmas. It had been stored for several years in Belize and was not in great shape. It smelled like the ocean! The lens especially had a lot of fungus and some sort of coating on an interior lens element. But the camera works! I cleaned it up, ran a roll of film through it, and found that the lens was too far gone to use. So, I took it all apart and left it sitting in a dry place. A couple weeks back I went to a "tent sale" at Biggs Camera here in Charlotte. They had boxes of stuff to sell off, basically in the "make an offer" category. So I got a working Nikonos III with a much cleaner 35mm lens for $10 even. Now that I have a working lens on the V, I'm itching to go to the beach and take photos in the surf, or at least get a decent rainstorm and go out in that. In ddition to being a great-handling, tough little camera, the Nikonos V is also VERY quiet. I love it. Looking for an 80mm for the III so I'll have a nice all-weather kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Muihlinn View Post
    About the ring kits, I have seen them often for various models is that place you all know.
    Where would that be? I just looked through 500 3bay listings, keyword = Nikonos, and only saw a couple for the Nikonos V and a few for SB-105 strobe. I'd love to find a kit for Nikonos IV.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Where would that be? I just looked through 500 3bay listings, keyword = Nikonos, and only saw a couple for the Nikonos V and a few for SB-105 strobe. I'd love to find a kit for Nikonos IV.
    I think the IV and the V use the same O rings. They are very much the same except the V has manual exposure.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I think the IV and the V use the same O rings. They are very much the same except the V has manual exposure.
    And the door latch design on the V is better so it's less likely to pop open while underwater and flood.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahhh... thanks very much... did not know that they were the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    So I got a working Nikonos III with a much cleaner 35mm lens for $10 even. Now that I have a working lens on the V, I'm itching to go to the beach and take photos in the surf, or at least get a decent rainstorm and go out in that. In ddition to being a great-handling, tough little camera, the Nikonos V is also VERY quiet. I love it. Looking for an 80mm for the III so I'll have a nice all-weather kit.
    Ten dollars for a Nikonos III and a 35mm lens – what a deal!

I hope you find a similar deal when you find the 80mm. The 80 and 35 make a great all-weather lens kit.

[http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5216154998/]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikonos 21 sml.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Anybody knows how to get the PC sync for the Nikonos V without spending about $100?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin