Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,833   Online: 1169

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update:
    I did a focus test on film with the with the 28mm on land. I'm processing the film now.
    I got a simple Nikonos V NOS ring set with grease on E-bay. Indeed it only has a few of the total number of o-rings needed.
    I have a 35mm lens on the way, in case the 28mm turns out to be to difficult to focus on land.
    No word from Nikon customer service so far.

I'll probably only replace the o-rings that are easy to replace, for example, those around the take-up knob and the wind knob and the cover latch. I'll be using the camera mostly around a pool or in shallow fresh water. The closest salt water is over 300 miles away.

What I might do is to measure each o-ring and then re-grease the old ones (not much grease, if any left on my camera) and order a second set. It looks like I may need to order the o-rings in multiples (50 or 100) so I may have extra.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a V (orange grip) that I'm still kicking myself for selling.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have 2, an orange one and an olive green one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    28mm UW Focus Test in Air.

This lens will focus very sharply in the center of the field, in spite of what one might read on the internet. The surrounding area (when wide open) is blurry. This is actually a cool effect and I shall use it to my benefit. There is some barrel distortion, as expected.

Focus Guide:

Infinity: aligns with "1 meter"
    30 ft: aligns with "3 feet"
    15 ft: in between "2.5" and "3" feet
    10 ft: aligns with the "5" in "2.5" feet
    7 ft: aligns with the "5" in "2.25" feet
    6 ft: aligns with the "." in "2.25" feet
    5 ft: does not align easily with anything
    4.5 ft: aligns with "2" ft

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for sharing, ic; I'm stoked! I don't suppose you have access to a 15mm? I'd also love to see any example photos you wouldn't mind showing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin