Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,385   Online: 862

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    A Leica iiic could be had for $200. And it is the best (if you learn to load it)>

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I just purchased a N90s from KEH for $29, $38.95 with shipping. It was listed as a BGN. I received it today and it is pretty much in immaculate shape. Still have the same listing I ordered from, so they must have some more. Don't know how much more of a suicide price you're after.

http://www.keh.com/Product-Details/1...6/NA02/FE.aspx

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nikon F3/MD4 has the best grip for both shooting and clubbing your victims - accept no substitute...

Shooter
    35mm

mamya nc1000s

One of the best cameras I ever owned. Sold it cause I had to mail order lenses instead of picking them up at the local foto store. I also own several Ricohs and IMO they are the best kept secret in used equipment, For a few dollars you can get a totally manual XR1 to a XRP with shutter weighted program, aperture weighted program, normal program, aperture priority, or full manual. It also has a built in intervalometer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDexter View Post
    Hey Jordan, you're right, it's hard to put a 24mm lens into that mix and have it come in under $200. The problem with many systems like Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Minolta (Maxxum), even M42, is that the lenses can be used on digitals (though some only with adapters). This keeps the prices higher. Look for a system that can't be used on digital, and maybe one that was never common.
    nonsense! there are quite a few 24mm lenses sold on ebay for under $100. That includes nikkors, canon fds, and minoltas. Olympus and Pentax tend to go for a bit more. Alternative manfacturers are seen for under $50 sometimes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bought a Nikon FM used in 1984. use it all the time for 26 years, never a problem. Can be had for about $100 or less.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    nonsense! there are quite a few 24mm lenses sold on ebay for under $100. That includes nikkors, canon fds, and minoltas. Olympus and Pentax tend to go for a bit more. Alternative manfacturers are seen for under $50 sometimes.
    The often-rebranded Cosina and Tokina 24s are often available cheaply in some mounts. Minoltas sometimes, because not many people are using the MD lenses anymore. Pentax, not so much. This is a good example to illustrate the trade-offs of vintage systems; some, like the M42 and K-mount, have oodles of lenses available, which drives prices down in some cases but not across the board because these are also still easily usable on digital cameras. Depends on particular lenses, and there's not always a correlation to quality (just what's either a well-known "classic" or a current fad).
    -brian hayden
    http://fed-2.org

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
    and there's not always a correlation to quality (just what's either a well-known "classic" or a current fad).
    People will often spend twice the money or more on lenses that are negligibly better than others. A good example of this is 50mm lenses, where f2 and f1.8 lenses often go for peanuts compared to their f1.4 versions. And the slower lenses generally are just as sharp and have better contrast.

Shooter
    35mm

Nonsense? I thought this was a polite forum...

Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Regardless, I stand corrected. I hadn't realized how far manual focus gear had fallen. If you bargain shop, you can find Nikkor 24mm for under $100, which would leave you enough to get a 50mm, a 35mm and a body for under $200, with a little luck. You certainly aren't going to get Leica gear for that amount though, at least not with 3 lenses, even in screwmount.

George

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't bother getting a cheaper camera. Take out an insurance policy for what you do have and you'll be happy you did. I have my Mamiya and Nikon gear insured with an all risk floater policy. This means I'm covered if anything of mine is stolen, falls off a tripod, dropped in the ocean etc. I pay about US $50-60 per year. Why bother with a camera you are not familiar with and may malfunction? Get insurance and use what you know and what you can expect good results from.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin